[SOLVED] ZBit flash and J-Link not working

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] ZBit flash and J-Link not working

Hi,
    I'm working on a device based on NXP MCIMXRT1052 processor. Device uses a Gigabit GD25Q32C flash memory for firmware and it works fine.
    I replaced flash memory with ZBit ZB25VQ128 and I had a problem - I cant program and erase flash.
    It works fine with NXP utility blhost - flash is erasing and programming, but I have an error in JFlash.
    I compared commands and timings between two flashes - it looks similar.

I can read flash

Shell-Script

1. J-Link>mem 0x60000000 8 60000000 = 46 43 46 42 00 04 01 56 FCFB...V
    but cant erase

Source Code

1. J-Link>erase
    2. Erasing device...
    3. J-Link: Flash download: Total time needed: 0.291s (Prepare: 0.224s, Compare: 0.000s, Erase: 0.066s, Program: 0.000s, Verify: 0.000s, Restore: 0.000s)
    4. ****** Error: Failed to erase sectors.
    5. ERROR: Erase returned with error code -5.
    Can someone please help?
    Thanks.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    This flash is not yet supported by J-Link.

You can find a list of all supported SPIs here:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…es/supported-spi-flashes/

Adding this device is planned at some point, but we do not have a fixed schedule for it yet.
    You would have to add it manually via the Open Flashloader.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

As Fabian wrote: The flash is currently not supported.

However, we would like to add support for it but do not have any hardware at the moment.
    Would it be possible to send us 1-3 flash chips (only the chips)?
    We would then add support for this flash short term.

BR
    Alex

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• We just implemented support for Zbit Semiconductor ZB25VQ32, ZB25VQ64 and ZB25VQ128 SPI flashes.
    The change will be part of upcoming beta (V6.85c), scheduled to be available by the end of this week.

Stay up-to-date regarding J-Link:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

Best regards
    Erik