[SOLVED] ARM64 version of J-Link Software and Documentation pack for Linux ARM systems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] ARM64 version of J-Link Software and Documentation pack for Linux ARM systems

Thank you SEGGER for releasing a build of the J-Link Software and Documentation pack for Linux ARM systems. This allows us to run the tools on a Raspberry Pi (or other similar minicomputers).

I've recently upgraded to a Raspberry Pi 4 and was trying to run Ubuntu Server (64-bit), but realized this isn't compatible with the ARM binary available for download. For the time being, I downgraded to the 32-bit version of Ubuntu Server for RPis and it works fine, but I would like to be able to run the proper OS for my architecture.

1) Can SEGGER cross compile this for the 'arm64' architecture, in addition to 'armhf'? Is this on the roadmap?
    2) If not, I think it might be possible to run the binary on ARM based 64-bit Ubuntu, but I don't know the required multiarch libs to install, etc. Does anyone have this information?

Thanks!
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

We are already working on this.
    Support for arm64 systems is planned for sometime this year, most likely within the next month.

Please note:
    It is not yet decided if it will be available for free or a support contract will be required.

Do you have any further questions?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,
    It will be mentioned in our newsletter.

Stay up-to-date regarding J-Link:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.