[SOLVED] Ozone code profile valid for functions moved to RAM section (.fast) via linker?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone code profile valid for functions moved to RAM section (.fast) via linker?

Will the output from the Ozone code profile listing for the "load" metric be valid for functions that are moved to a run-from-RAM section via a gcc attribute?
    e.g. __attribute__ ((section (".fast"))) , with the .fast section located in the RAM segment by the linker script .

I don't have a minimum working example to reproduce at the moment, I am just observing this in the context of a large/complex program where I am trying to accelerate some crypto functions.
    When I move some of the functions that were reading a high "Load" percentage via code profile into RAM, I am still seeing the "Run count" increase, but the "Load" goes from ~7% to 0.01%.

Since that is a surprisingly large difference for a relatively simple function (128B, mbedtls_mpi_cmp_mpi from the mbed TLS library), I have some concern that the code profiler is getting confused. But I do see mbedtls_mpi_cmp_mpi and _mbedtls_mpi_cmp_mpi_veneer both detected, both listed with accurate addresses in RAM & flash respectively, and the run counts increasing together.
    So I am unsure ...
  • Hello,

To trace functions reliably (assuming you are using pin trace with J-Trace PRO) that are in RAM make sure to follow the following article: wiki.segger.com/Getting_unknow…sses_in_instruction_trace

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.