[SOLVED] RAM Error Programming TI TM4123GH6PM MCU, 5.12e vs 5.12g

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] RAM Error Programming TI TM4123GH6PM MCU, 5.12e vs 5.12g

I am trying to program a TI TM4C123GH6PM MCU with a J-Link device. Details below.

SEGGER J-Link Commander V5.12e (Compiled Apr 29 2016 15:04:36)
    DLL version V5.12e, compiled Apr 29 2016 15:03:58

Connecting to J-Link via USB...O.K.
    Firmware: J-Link ARM V8 compiled Nov 28 2014 13:44:46
    Hardware version: V8.00
    S/N: 158007855
    OEM: IAR
    VTref = 0.000V

Type "connect" to establish a target connection, '?' for help
    J-Link>

I am successfully using the above J-Link device with IAR ARM development tools to the same processor and board.

I am able to connect to the board.

But anytime I access Flash, read or write, I get a RAM error.

However, when I use version 5.12g of J-Flash I have no problems.

Looking in the release notes I do not see a distinction between 5.12e and 5.12g, as was documented in previous versions, just version 5.12.

Have I missed some additional documentation?
  • Hi,

This it the change log of 5.12f:

C Source Code

1. - Added J-Link RTT Logger to OSX and Linux packages.
    2. - DLL: Added missing interface types to control panel.
    3. - DLL: Debugging with longer JTAG chains did not work properly. Fixed.
    4. - DLL: For ARMv8M Baseline and Mainline presence of security extension was not detected properly. Fixed.
    5. - DLL: For ARMv8M Baseline and Mainline were not distinguished correctly. Fixed.
    6. - DLL: If exec string "SetCPUConnectIDCODE" was issued, it could happen that "unknown command" error was returned. Fixed.
    7. - DLL: J-Link script files: Added global DLL variable CORESIGHT_AHBAPCSWDefaultSettings to allow override of AHB-AP CSW settings for Cortex-M devices that do not work with J-Link defaults.
    8. - DLL: When programming the IDCODE on Renesas Synergy S1 and S3 series CPUs, verify errors could occur. Fixed.
    9. - Firmware: Improved timing for SWD interface to avoid problems with higher frequencies when using a J-Link SWD Isolator.
    10. - Firmware: J-Trace Cortex-M V3: Added ARMv8M support.
    11. - Firmware: Improved timing for SWD interface to avoid problems with higher frequencies when using a J-Link SWD Isolator.
    12. Affected firmwares: Flasher ARM V4
    13. Flasher PRO V4
    14. Flasher Portable V1
    15. - Firmware: Max SWD speed of 12 MHz did not work properly. Fixed.
    16. Affected firmwares: Flasher ARM V4
    17. Flasher PRO V4
    18. Flasher Portable V1
    19. - Firmware: Flasher: Flashing with longer JTAG chains did not work properly. Fixed.
    20. Affected firmwares: Flasher ARM V4
    21. Flasher PRO V4
    22. Flasher RX V4
    23. Flasher PPC V4
    24. Flasher Portable V1
    25. - Firmware: When using the SPI protocol (e.g. in J-Flash SPI) and reading data from the target device, it could happen that the USB communication hang. Fixed.
    26. Affected firmwares: J-Link EDU, BASE, PLUS V9
    27. J-Link EDU, BASE, PLUS V10
    28. J-Link ULTRA,+, PRO V4
    29. - Firmware: J-Trace PRO V1 Cortex-M: In classic post-mortem backtrace mode, if debugger requested more trace data than available, incorrect trace data was returned by J-Trace PRO. Fixed.
    30. Could lead to "failed to read trace data" message in Keil uVision (MDK-ARM).
    31. Affected firmwares: J-Link EDU, BASE, PLUS V10
    32. - J-Flash SPI: Changed default delay after power up from 20ms to 200ms as 20ms was to short for most SPI flashes.
    33. - J-Flash SPI: Manually specifying flash parameters did not work properly. Fixed.
    34. - J-Flash SPI: Under special circumstances, blank check did not work properly. Fixed.
    35. - J-Flash SPI: removed automatically created init step
    36. - J-Flash: Fixed flash base address of Atmel SAME70xxxx devices.
    37. - J-Flash: Flashing with longer JTAG chains did not work properly. Fixed.
    38. - J-Flash: Micronas HVC4223F: erased value of NVRAM was not set to "undefined" which caused problems with blank check operations. Fixed.
    39. - J-Flash: Renesas Synergy S1: Programming of option setting memory was not possible. Fixed.
    40. - J-Flash: When programming the IDCODE on Renesas Synergy S1 and S3 series CPUs, verify errors could occur. Fixed.
    41. - J-Link User Guide: Updated section "J-Link script files".
    42. - RTT: SEGGER_RTT_printf() did not call va_end(). Fixed.
    43. - RTTViewer: Added command line parser, added more options for RTT configuration.
    44. - RTTViewer: Added terminal logging, configurable buffer size, does no longer automatically close if disconnected, changed shortcuts to avoid conflicts, fixed auto-scroll, fixed all terminal output
    45. - RTTViewer: Changed method for writing to all terminals window, removed menu for setting of terminal buffer size.
    46. - Software package: RTT Files did not compile if compiled with C++ compiler.
    Display All

This is the change log of version 5.12e

- DLL: Very old versions of IAR EWARM (e.g. V4.40a) did not pass a device to the J-Link DLL which resulted in the device selection dialog popped up for each debug session start. Fixed.
    - DLL (Windows): Under special circumstances WSACleanup() was called more often than WSAStartup() which could cause problems if the host process that loaded the DLL also used the socket API.
    - J-Flash: Flash programming of the auxillary space did not work for SAMD20. Fixed.

You can subscribe to the latest patch notes by clicking a link of choice in my signature and enter your e-mail address.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.