[ABANDONED] DAP error while programming STM32F103C6

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] DAP error while programming STM32F103C6

I have a J-link programmer and i tried to program STM32F103C6 using J-Flash & J-link . when i tried to connect to target(STM32F103C6) I have got this error "DAP error while reading AHB-AP IDR " and it failed to connect to target . can anyone help me understand what is this error and how to solve it ? I have also attached the screenshot of this error.
    Images
    • JFlash_Error.jpg

142.83 kB, 918×719, viewed 1,269 times
  • Hi,

could you please give J-Link Commander a try?
    J-Link commander is part of the J-Link software package, which is available free of charge here .

• Start J-Link Commander (jlink.exe)
    • Type "connect" in order to start a debug session
    • Type in the target device name if asked (Or type "?" for a target selection Dialog)
    • Choose the correct target interface (JTAG/SWD/etc..)
    • Use a valid speed (Default: 4000kHz, try 100-500 if default does not work)
    • [JTAG only]JTAG conf can be default(most of the times)
    • You should now be successfully connected.
    If anything fails, could you post a screenshot of the complete session?

Do you use an eval board or custom hardware?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

i just gave it a try on an eval board and it works fine for me.
    Please understand that a long as this issue is not reproducible on an eval board there is not much I can do for you.
    Can you try if it works with an eval board for you?

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• We just noticed that we owe you an answer here.

In general, we recommend to always verify the functionality on an evaluation board before moving to custom hardware in order to have a working reference design. Following this procedure makes sure that issues are not setup related (which seems to be in your case). Right now, we have to assume that the behavior pops up on your custom hardware only and therefore seems to be hardware related.

Best regards
    Niklas