[ABANDONED] CPU-TAP not found in JTAG chain

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] CPU-TAP not found in JTAG chain

Using IAR 5.40 connected to STR912
    Upgraded to J-Link/ARM driver 5.12 from 4.60 and it prompted to upgrade the firmware in the emulator which I accepted.
    Now when attempting to download an application via IAR it pops up a message box "CPU-TAP not found in JTAG chain".
  • Hi,

could you please give J-Link Commander a try?
    J-Link commander is part of the J-Link software package, which is available free of charge here .

• Start J-Link Commander (jlink.exe)
    • Type "connect" in order to start a debug session
    • Type in the target device name if asked (Or type "?" for a target selection Dialog)
    • Choose the correct target interface (JTAG/SWD/etc..)
    • Use a valid speed (Default: 4000kHz, try 100-500 if default does not work)
    • [JTAG only]JTAG conf can be default(most of the times)
    • You should now be successfully connected.
    If anything fails, could you post a screenshot of the complete session?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

so do I understand you correctly, that it works with J-Link / STR9 commander V5.12?
    Than everything seems to be fine on J-Link side.

Could you provide a J-Link logfile of an unsuccessful connect with IAR, and one J-Link logfile of a successful connect using J-Link Commander?

Log output can be enabled like as follows:
    • Open a connection to J-Link, e.g start J-Link Commander
    • In J-Link Control Panel: (Click the J-Link symbol located in the notification / tray area in order to open J-Link Control panel)
    • Open the tab "Settings"
    • Next to the field "Log file" check "Override" and click "..." in order to choose a log file path.

This is also described in UM8001 Chapter 5 "Working with J-Link and J-Trace", Section 5.7 "J-Link control panel" .

Best regards,
    Niklas

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

I think I know where the problem comes from.
    It's is buggy behavior of IAR EWARM which was work-arounded by luck in an older version of the DLL.
    Let me check and give it a try...

Older EWARM versions always pass 0,0 as JTAG conf, always selecting the JTAG device closest to TDO as the one to be debugged.
    However, this is not correct for the STR9 series devices.
    J-Link Commander uses -1,-1 by default which means "use the first ARM9 you find in the chain".

Best regards
    Alex