[SOLVED] Cannot get J-Trace to work with PSoC 5LP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Cannot get J-Trace to work with PSoC 5LP

Hello,
    I have a custom target that works fine with the Cypress MiniProg3 in both JTAG and SWD modes. I have tried everything I can think of to get the J-Trace to work with my target. I tried J-Link Commander, J-Flash, GDB Server and all report "Could not connect to target". My CPU is the CY8C5888 which is not listed on your CPU selection screen but it is just an 80MHz version of the CY8C5868 which runs at 67MHz. I tried setting it to the 5868 and I also tried Unspecified Cortex-M3. The cable pin outcomes from a Cypress apnote for ULINK and I-Jet but I checked against the J-Trace manual and the pin out matches.
    By the way, the J-Trace reports 4.96V from the target so it is seeing power. I have power set to permanently off from the probe reports -21mA for whatever reason.
    What to try next?
  • Problem solved

OK, I am officially stupid. I looked at the cable I built for the J-Trace at least 5 times and swore each time it was correct but the 6th time I noticed it was 180 degrees reversed. Really hard to believe I made such an elementary mistake but now the J-Trace will connect to my target. On to my next issue (separate forum post).