[SOLVED] JLink Plus does not work on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLink Plus does not work on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

After upgrading my laptop to Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, JLink software can no longer talk to my JLink Plus units.
    I've tried the following JLink software versions on El Cap: 4.98, 5.02d, 5.02f, 5.03d

In all cases there is a long pause follow by the following error: "Can not connect to J-Link via USB."

Yet, I can see the JLink Plus in USB Prober / ioreg.

I've tried 3 different JLink Plus units and all three exhibit the same problem, yet work fine on a Yosemite 10.10 machine.
  • Hello JKelley,

sorry for the delay in response.
    The early J-Link V10 firmwares do not handle USB-Commands used by OSX 10.11 correctly.
    You need to upgrade the firmware to Oct 9 2015 using a current J-Link release under Windows / Linux or OSX 10.10

Please notice that this forum is intended as a platform for users of hardware without support (e.g. J-Link EDU) or expired support period (usually 1 or 2 years after time of purchase).
    This forum is not monitored by SEGGER technical support personnel. Do not expect to receive technical support via this forum.

If you experience urgent issues (like this one) and are still in the support period, we strongly recommend to make use of our mail support.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Fortunately I just found this thread - neither of my two JLink Lite ARMs were working after the El Capitan upgrade. I found *just* enough windows capabilities at home to upgrade the firmware.

However the one I ended up with is the following

Firmware: J-Link Lite-Cortex-M V8 compiled Aug 20 2015 17:57:19

not the Oct 9 2015 one mentioned in the previous post. Do I have the latest for this particular device or am I still behind? It appears to be working again on El Capitan but I would like to ensure I have the most up-to-date firmware.
  • Hi Rols,

Firmware: J-Link Lite-Cortex-M V8 compiled Aug 20 2015 17:57:19

is the most recent firmware for J-Link Lite Cortex-M V8.
    The firmware previously mentioned in this thread is for J-Link BASE / PLUS V10.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.