[ABANDONED] Jlink Standalone Debugger on OSX El Capitan?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Jlink Standalone Debugger on OSX El Capitan?

Ever since the release of El Capitan, I am only able to use the standalone debugger once. After a stop and file reload, the connection will fail until the Mac is restarted.

Is anyone else having this issue? I saw issues with El Capitan and the OpenSDA firmware but this is with a Jlink Ultra connected to a STM32 Cortex M3 using the standalone Segger debugger for OS X (version 1.78 and 5.02f drivers).
  • Hi,

Are you referring to the "J-Link Debugger" by writing "standalone debugger"?:
    segger.com/j-link-debugger.html

If yes:
    Does connecting to the target work via J-Link Commander after J-Link Debugger failed?

Just asking to check where the problem might be located:
    - J-Link is blocked in general after failure
    - Only J-Link Debugger is in some kind unresponsive state

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Yes I was referring to the Jlink Debugger.

And no, connecting to the target via the J-Link Commander fails after it is in this state. And to elaborate, after a reboot, a single connection from J-Link Commander works but the next attempt will fail.
  • Hi Bill,

sorry for the delay in response.
    We were not able to reproduce this behavior.
    A behavior similar to the one you are describing can be caused by attempting to open more than 1 connection to a J-Link.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.