TREEVIEW_GetItem() returns a wrong handle?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TREEVIEW_GetItem() returns a wrong handle?

Hi,
    Sometimes
    TREEVIEW_GetItem(hItem, hTreeItemCur, TREEVIEW_GET_FIRST_CHILD);
    returns its next sibling instead of 0 when hTreeItemCur hasn't any child..
    Sometimes it returns 0, sometimes it returns next sibling.
    Is there any solution? Is it a bug or my fault?

I'm using stemwin on stm32f103zet6. (emwin version: 5.26)

I extract the emwin related codes from loops. I explain the problem in detail;

TREEVIEW_ITEM_Handle hTreeItemCur;
    TREEVIEW_ITEM_Handle hTreeItemNew;
    TREEVIEW_ITEM_Handle hTreeItemTemp;
    TREEVIEW_ITEM_Handle hTreeItemPreviousTemp;

//firs operation, add a child to treeview item has only root node item.
    hItem = WM_GetDialogItem(hWin_FileWin, GUI_ID_TREEVIEW_0);
    hTreeItemCur = TREEVIEW_GetItem(hItem, 0, TREEVIEW_GET_FIRST); //Get Root node item

hTreeItemTemp = TREEVIEW_GetItem(hItem, hTreeItemCur, TREEVIEW_GET_FIRST_CHILD);
    // it hasn't any child.hTreeItemTemp = 0
    hTreeItemNew = TREEVIEW_ITEM_Create(TREEVIEW_ITEM_TYPE_NODE, "1", 0);
    TREEVIEW_AttachItem(hItem, hTreeItemNew, hTreeItemCur, TREEVIEW_INSERT_FIRST_CHILD); TREEVIEW_ITEM_ExpandAll(hTreeItemCur);
    WM_Exec();

//second operation, add a new next sibling item to previous node.
    hTreeItemCur = TREEVIEW_GetItem(hItem, 0, TREEVIEW_GET_FIRST); //Get Root node item
    hTreeItemTemp = TREEVIEW_GetItem(hItem, hTreeItemCur, TREEVIEW_GET_FIRST_CHILD);
    // it has a child. ( first child item text = "1" )
    hTreeItemPreviousTemp = hTreeItemTemp; //copy handle
    hTreeItemTemp = TREEVIEW_GetItem(hItem, hTreeItemTemp, TREEVIEW_GET_NEXT_SIBLING);
    // it hasn't next sibling. hTreeItemTemp = 0
    hTreeItemNew = TREEVIEW_ITEM_Create(TREEVIEW_ITEM_TYPE_NODE, "2", 0);
    TREEVIEW_AttachItem(hItem, hTreeItemNew, hTreeItemPreviousTemp, TREEVIEW_INSERT_BELOW);
    //new sibling attached. ( new item text = "2" )
    TREEVIEW_ITEM_ExpandAll(hTreeItemCur);WM_Exec();
    //there is no problem so far. Now I will add a new child item to first node...
    hTreeItemTemp = TREEVIEW_GetItem(hItem, hTreeItemCur, TREEVIEW_GET_FIRST_CHILD); //first node item... hTreeItemCur = hTreeItemTemp; hTreeItemTemp = TREEVIEW_GetItem(hItem, hTreeItemCur, TREEVIEW_GET_FIRST_CHILD); /*the problem is at here; first node hasn't child. It should return '0' but it returns second nodes handle (which has item text '2')....*/
    hTreeItemNew = TREEVIEW_ITEM_Create(TREEVIEW_ITEM_TYPE_NODE, "1.1", 0);
    if(hTreeItemTemp) //if first item node has child, add a new child.
    { TREEVIEW_AttachItem(hItem, hTreeItemNew, hTreeItemTemp, TREEVIEW_INSERT_BELOW); }
    else // first node hasn't any child, add first child to first node...
    { TREEVIEW_AttachItem(hItem, hTreeItemNew, hTreeItemCur, TREEVIEW_INSERT_FIRST_CHILD); } TREEVIEW_ITEM_ExpandAll(hTreeItemCur);
    WM_Exec();

When I change the sequence of operations there is no probem occur.
    first; add first node.
    second; add first child to first node.
    third; add second node.

but I must generate nodes random sequence. Any Help?

The post was edited 2 times, last by ilmete ().

• Hi,

Thanks for that information. We will check that behavior. From our point of view the function
    TREEVIEW_GetItem(hItem, hTreeItemCur, TREEVIEW_GET_FIRST_CHILD);
    should return 0 if there is no child. But as a quick fix you can use the function TREEVIEW_ITEM_GetInfo(). It fills an information structure containing the 'level' of the item. If the level is the same as passed to TREEVIEW_GetItem() it should be the next sibling and not the first child.

I hope that helps in the meantime.

- Jörg
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

The widget itself does not send a double click event to its parent. You can achieve detecting a double click by starting a timer on the first click. If a second click occurs as long as the timer is not expired you have a double click.

Regards, Jörg
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • TREEVIEW - identify file selected

Hi Jörg, I am completing my postgraduate completion of work, I'm doing an MP3-PLAYER with graphic display using EmWin, I managed to assemble the .mp3 files and show the screen with the TREEVIEW functions ...
    I could not identify files that are selected on the screen to send to an array if you can help me I appreciate it.

PS. after presenting this project I intend to make it available as open source