[SOLVED] quieten the jlink.exe command line tool

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] quieten the jlink.exe command line tool

I am using the jlink.exe command line tool to download a hex file to a an atmel ARM device and reset it.

Is there an easy way to reduce the amount of debug it prints. I cannot throw awak the text as it might contain
    warning or error messages but I would like to have less chatter if it is working correctly.

Thanks,

-Steve
  • Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, there is no function to "mute" all non error / warning messages.
    J-Link Commander is a command line based utility that can be used for verifying proper functionality of J-Link as well as for simple analysis of the target system.
    It is not intended to for fill every use case.

In order to create custom applications for J-Link, the J-Link SDK can be used.
    J-Link SDK provides the full source code of J-Link Commander as an example application.

As some sort of workaround, you could:
    - Turn on Log to File (Section 3.2.1.20 of UM8001)
    - Ignore all output by J-Link Commander
    - If J-Link Commander returns an ERRORLEVEL != 0, the log file could be consulted in order to get a specific error message

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.