[SOLVED] J-Link Plus and Win98

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello Michales,

thanks for your inquiry.
    Unfortunately, the oldest J-Link software i currently have access to is V3.00 from January 2006, which already required Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
    While the current Software (V5.0x) still works with Windows 2000, XP and newer, we never introduced support for MS-DOS based Windows (3.1/Win 9x/Win ME).
    Furthermore, your J-Link is far newer (first J-Link V9.x was build in 2012) than Win98.
    Could you help me to understand why you need to use J-Link with Win 98?

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • hello michal,
    in case your win98 pc is connected to a network you could use the j-link pro, which has a lan interface too.
    or you connect the j-link to a windows 2000/xp/... machine and make a remote control over ip. but this soultion only works in case your software is supporting this stuff.
    regards
    gerhard