MSP432 support?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MSP432 support?

Hello,

I'm wondering, if somebody has programmed a MSP432 with a Segger J-LINK product successfully?
    Using the Segger GDB-Server i can connect to the target and run the 'load exec.elf' command in
    my arm-none-eabi-gdb. It tells me nothing about anything that got wrong. The transfer rate is displayed
    so that i have assumed the programming was successfull. But after resetting the target, the old
    firmware is starting up and it don't look like there has been anything programmed.

I have used commands for the device (mon flash device = MSP432P401R) and - even if deprecated -
    the download to flash option (mon flash download = 1). Nothing changes the described behavior.

I'm using V5.0.0f if that is important to know.

Besides, it is a bit strange, that the official "Supported TI Devices"-Page states, that
    the MSP432 has no Internal Flash. That's wrong, of course.
    Writing to the support just results in a note, that i should use the forum, because i only have the EDU device.
    Don't know if that is customer friendly, if something is provable wrong on their homepage...
  • Hi Zappel,
    Besides, it is a bit strange, that the official "Supported TI Devices"-Page states, that

the MSP432 has no Internal Flash.
    Thank you for pointing that out.
    Currently, J-Link does not support flash programming of MSP432 series devices.
    We plan to have flash programming support for the MSP432 series available by the end of July.

Best regards,
    Niklas
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Niklas wrote:

Hi Zappel,
    [...]
    We plan to have flash programming support for the MSP432 series available by the end of July.

Best regards,
    Niklas

Hello Niklas,

thank you for your fast response, even if I'm just a class B EDU customer ;)
    I would appreciate it if you can make a short note here when support is built in.

Thanks in advance and regards,
    Zappel
  • Hi Zappel,

Should we add you to the J-Link software and update notification list so that you will get informed automatically about new versions of the J-Link software?

- Erik

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Done!

Best regards
    Erik

• MSP432 Support

Hello,

I have been following this thread and wondered if Flash programming of the MSP432 was supported as yet.

I attempted to program an MSP432 on the TI launchpad, but there seems to be no change to the Flash contents and the existing program is still resident.

The J-Link firmware is V9 compiled Jun 23 2015; J-Link DLL V5.001 compiled Aug 7 2015

Thanks!

Malcolm
  • Hi Malcolm,

What application do you use for programming the MSP432 (J-Link Commander, J-Flash, any IDE, etc...? Which version of the J-Link software did you use? We have several customers which have already confirmed that flash programming is working fine.

- Erik

• Erik,

Using J-Link Command from the command line to load a hex file.

I did try to erase the device using the erase command. The response was that flash programming needs to be enabled first.

Is there a J-Link command for this or do I need to manually enable the flash by directly programming device registers?

Malcolm
  • Can you please share a screenshot of this output with us? Basically no special configuration should be necessary as long as you did not disable flash download on purpose.

• For me downloading is also working excellent with JLinkGDBServer. Download speed is amazing.
    But I have a problem with RTT. Because it does not belong to this thread, i will start a new one.

Edit: @malcolmbco: you could take a look here to see how I am downloading to the MSP432.

The post was edited 1 time, last by zappel ().