Real Time Terminal Wish List

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Real Time Terminal Wish List

I just started using RTT and I like it! It's way better than the one-byte registers that some older ARM processors had.
    I'm using a STM32L152.

I have a couple of suggestions/questions.

Using the J-Link RTT Viewer:
    • Is it possible send characters to the target while still having the output window scrolled to the last target output?
    • Is it possible to disable the "Sending Input" popup?

I was able to use Telnet, with PuTTY, while I had a debug session (IAR) active. By the way, this overcame the issues above.
    • Is it possible to use the Telnet method without having an active debug session?

One more question:
    • Does RTT work without ever stopping the execution of the target?

Thanks,
    Michael

• Hi,

Is it possible to use the Telnet method without having an active debug session?

No. Technically not doable. J-Link needs to know the device etc. to be able to locate the RTT description block on the target etc.
    which only the running instance of the DLL knows.

Is it possible send characters to the target while still having the output window scrolled to the last target output?
    Is it possible to disable the "Sending Input" popup?

I can put this on the list for internal discussion, but this should be doable.

- Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.