how to avoid standard font inclusion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• how to avoid standard font inclusion

Dear all,

I am using in my project the STemWin library.

Does it exhist a release of it that does not include the emWin standard fonts?

I ask this because I need to import a new font, and I created it with the font converter, and with this new font I do not longer need the standard fonts.

So I would like to save some space in the non volatile memory avoiding the inclusion of all the standard GUI_Font* stuff.

Thanks,
    Ezio
  • Only the symbols referenced in your application are linked in the final image (that is usually by default - check up your linker documentation).

Thus if you do not use standard fonts there will be none in your application, although they are present in the library.

See the .map file on what is actually included.
  • Thanks for the clarification.

I checked the source code and actually there still was a GUI_SetFont call with one of the standard font as the parameter.

I removed it, rebuilt the project and almost all of the standard fonts stuff disappeared.

But still I find in the project.map references to
    acFont13ASCII_*
    and
    acFont13_1_*
    even if, it seems, there are no usage of Font13ASCII nor of Font13_1

Can you provide some hints about how to investigate why these two (residual) fonts appear in the project.map?

Thanks a lot,
    Ezio

The post was edited 1 time, last by ezio_noventa ().

• Hello Ezio,

The font GUI_Font13_1 is used as default font for most of the widgets. The default font can be configured using the define <WIDGET>_FONT_DEFAULT (e.g. BUTTON_FONT_DEFAULT). Details about widget compile time configuration can be found in the according widget descriptions in the chapter Widgets in the emWin user manual.

Best regards,
    Adrian