Trouble getting started

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trouble getting started

I'm a beginner with JTAG, so some patience would be appreciated. I've installed the J-link environment
    on a host under Win-7 (hopefully correctly), and have just plugged it into an Olimex LPC-L2294 board. When I invoke
    the Jlink.exe program, the messages I get indicate that all isn't well. The last 3 lines are:

No devices found on JTAG chain. Trying to find device in SWD.
    No device found on SWD.
    Did not find any core.

I've tried a second board, and get the same behaviour. The LED on the module is showing orange, is on nearly full time, but I can
    detect some pulsation at maybe about 4 Hz.

Any assistance most welcome.
  • Hi Bruce(?),

Welcome to the SEGGER forum :)

I've tried a second board, and get the same behaviour. The LED on the module is showing orange, is on nearly full time, but I can
    detect some pulsation at maybe about 4 Hz.

The LED on J-Link is a dual color LED (green + red) which indicates the following states:
    Green, blinking fast => J-Link is currently enumerating
    Green, constant => J-Link enumerated successfully and is ready to be used
    Red => Critical error happened. J-Link will restart
    Orange: Target reset pin (pin 15 on the J-Link side) is detected LOW (active). Target is currently held in reset.

You are using an LPC2294 (ARM7) which can not be accessed while held in reset.
    Please check your target connection / wiring.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.