J-link ARM binary file load problem

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-link ARM binary file load problem

Hello
    Can anyone HELP me ????
    When using IAR J-Link debug probe for ARM JTAG hardware I encountered a small problem.
    The software I use is JLinkARM_V386g, and when I try to load a binary file using J-Link Commander and the "loadbin" command I get the following errors :
    "_ReadRegFromHW() called for CPUwithout delayed register read. (RegIndex = 8)" and when I click the "ok" button "CPU_REG_Get():Register 8 is not marked as valid".
    The system that I work with it's complex.
    I'm working with V5IP700 HighTechGlobal FPGA prototyping board.To the board is connected a CT1136JF-S CoreTile for ARM1136JF-S.
    The FPGA is programmed by a bitsteam that does the following :
    -initialize the ARM1136JF-S
    -implements an AHB bus through which ARM1136JF-S transfers data to/from the external memories : SDRAM, flash memory, etc.
    -implements memory controllers, an AHB to APB bridge, and other I/O.
    The debug probe is connected via USB to the JTAG scan chain.When I run J-Link Commander it detects 2 JTAG Devices : id 0x2B900F0F and id 0x07B36F0F and IRLen = 5.I think that 0x07B36F0F is that ARM CPU.
    The halt command and Regs command works.But when I'm trying to load a binary file to the SDRAM I get the errors mentioned earlier.
    Also the ARM Test Chip offers 2 TestChipRAMs and when I write to the TestChipRAM using the command "W1" it works but when I try to write to the SDRAM using the same command the J-Link console freezes.
    I don't have any idea what could generate the errors when attempting to load a binary file, so I someone has any ideas please do tell me.

Thanks,
    Adi
  • Hello Adi,

when using the "loadbin" command the CPU was not halted. This is why this command failed.
    We will fix this in the next-beta version of the J-Link software (CPU will automatically be halted).

Best regards

Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Adi,

We have built a new beta version of the J-Link software (V3.89c)
    in which we have fixed the problem.

The new version is available for download from our website:
    segger.com/download_jlink_beta.html

Best regards

Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.