Warning message "Could not set S_RESET_ST" with STM32F050

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Warning message "Could not set S_RESET_ST" with STM32F050

Hello,

I am using EWARM 6.60.1 to debug an STM32F050K4 target with a J-Link V8.0. My J-Link Software is updatet to the latest version (4.76c as of today).

During the start of the debug session, I am getting several "Warning: Could not set S_RESET_ST" messages in the Debug log and the LED on the J-Link is flashing in red and orange. On the first look, it appears that the start of the session was successful but debugging is unstable (I get "run out of HW breakpoints" messages with no breakpoints set and "CPU is not halted" messages.)

Any ideas what I can do? I have debugged lots of other STM32 devices with no problems using this configuration.

Regards,
    Christian
  • Hi Christian,

Did you check all the connections (including reset pin connection)?
    Sounds a bit like a hardware problem right now, since LED == orange (power on pin 1 present AND reset active) should not be the default.
    By default, reset should be inactive.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.