Secure chip didn't work consistently on AT91SAM7SE512

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Secure chip didn't work consistently on AT91SAM7SE512

I used Securechip command in J-Link to lock the Jtag port of AT91SAM7SE512; however, it didn't work consistently for me.

I had run to the program two or more times to get it secured. Did anyone have this problem before?

Is there something I missed such as some set-up in order to run this command?

Thanks for any help,

Henry
  • Hi Henry,

No there should not be a special setup being necessary to get this working.
    Did you make sure that you power-cycled the SAM7SE512 each time after performing the "Secure chip" to make sure it becomes active?
    We will also give it a try here but so far the code has not been changed for a long time and was known as working.

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Alex,

I tried a few more chips and they all had to be run several times, different numbers of runs, to secure the chip.

My process: power on , download to the chip, power off, power on, secure chip, power off.

Then I verify by downloading to the chip again and it was able to download.

Any suggestions? What should I do differently, proecss wise?

Thanks,

Henry
  • Hi Henry,

We tried to reproduce this here but everything works just as expected.
    We used the latest official version of J-Flash ( v4.68 ) + SAM7SE-EK (SAM7SE512 on it).

Please find attached the project we used (AT91SAM7SE512_SetSecurity.zip). Could you please give it a short try?
    Does it work? Or do you still see the same behavior?

As Alex already wrote before, please notice that the board has to be power cycled
    after programming in order to secure the device.

Best regards
    Erik

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Erik,

Thanks for following up with my request. I used the same set up and project as yours. I still couldn't secure the chip by running the command once.

I am using the AT91SAM7SE-EK eval board and J-Flash v4.68a.

The steps:

connect to target

read back chip - successful

secure chip - successful

Disconnect

Remove power, wait 1 minute

Reconnect power

connect to target

read back chip - successful. So the target is not secured.

Please see attached screenshots.

Henry
  • Hello Henry,

As Erik wrote, we are not able to reproduce any problem here.
    Please understand that without being able to reproduce the problem here, we are not really able to provide further help here.
    We checked the code again which performs the secure and so far everything looks good.

Best regards
    Alex