J-flash excutes code before reset signal after programming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-flash excutes code before reset signal after programming

I’m experiencing something I thought was not possible with the j-flash programmer.

When I have erased the LPC2366 chip and programmed the LPC2366 with a hex file containing my program, I press F9 to “Start application”, when I press F9 it executes a peace of my code, which writes some text to the display that is attached to the LPC2366. Just to make sure that the program does not start executing, I have pulled the bootloader pin low, so it will not start executing code from adresse 0, but stay in the bootloader, but still it writes some text to the display. I can also see it on the oscilloscope that the enable pin on the display is active before the j-link pulls the reset pin low to the LPC2366. If I change the setting in project settings – CPU – Use target RAM (faster) - the size of the RAM area from 32KB to 24KB then the problem disappear. I can also make the problem go away by writing some code at specific places in my program, but I am afraid of that it just executes some other code that does not effect any external peripherals.

It is the same problem with all these versions I have tried:

3.78d

3.80c

Is this a know problem or is there a fix to it?