embOS and Boot Bank in STR91x (IAR 5.11)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• embOS and Boot Bank in STR91x (IAR 5.11)

I use embOS in STR911FA microcontroller with IAR 5.11 EW development tool. Project Start_STR912 (existing template) that I've got with embOS 3.52 is prepared for downloading to development board. But before that project I have to download STR912_JumpTable project first. I have used to work with IAR projects(in IAR IDE EW) in which are two assembler files 91x_init.s and 91x_vect.s with all the settings that need to be done after microcontroller's reset and now I have some doubts expecially because I want to change the boot bank. In boot bank 1 there will be bootloader and in bank 1 will reside my own embOS project. I have changed FMI register settings in RTOSINIT_STR912 file:
    //
    // Initialize FLASH boot bank control registers
    //
    _FMI_BBSR = 0x00;
    _FMI_NBBSR = 0x06;

_FMI_BBADR = 0;
    _FMI_NBBADR = _BANK0_STARTADDR; //start address 0x80000
    _FMI_CR = 0x18;

but how will I include exception vectors in my project ? As I see they have to be downloaded before START_STR912 project as another project:

//
    // Check if vector jump table is programmed at 0x0
    //
    if ((GetPC() & 0x04000000) && ((*(OS_U32*) 0x18 != 0xE59FF010) || (*(OS_U32*) 0x30 != 0x04000018 ))) {
    while(1) { // Fatal error! Vector jump table not programmed at 0x0. See ReadMe.txt for more info.
    }
    }

I don't want to have two projects like in embOS ST\STR912 folder. Where can I learn something more about files such as linker file, 91x_init.s, 91x_vect.s, STR912_JumpVect.s ? I don't understand all instructions there (RSEG INTVEC:CODE, CODE32, PUBLIC, ..)? I assume what is happening there but it's obviously not enough for my application. I have all this problem because I want to include all those STR91x IAR files in my embOS project. It's easier to work with them than with the register names like in RTOSINIT_STR912 file.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tucepi ().