Search Results

Search results 21-37 of 37.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dear all, I tried to use SWV on a SAME70 board together with JLINK. I start using a Keil MDK project. However, that doesn't work like it was expected. I reached the point where I can see the pin toggling on the SWO pin with respect to my printf commands and at least the timing seems to be OK (not so easy to measure on a 300MHz device). But nothing gets displayed in the corresponding Keil MDK window. Same happens if I try the same example with SES. My printf's get displayed in the 'Debug Terminal…

• Solved?

markuskrug - - SEGGER Embedded Studio related

Dear Nino, thanks for taking care. I tried you project with the same result that I had before. I run it on the Xplained E70 board. The board itself works fine with any other code - beside printf(). The program generates a hard fault after the following call stack: main->printf->vsnprintf->__vfprintf/__vfprintf_int_nwp in this function the restore of the stack seems to be the problem because the hard fault is generated at the assembler line: pop.w {r4-r10, pc} that is located at address 0x400DDE …

• Dear all, I'm experience a strange behavior that might be related to my limited knowledge. I use SES for a ATMEL SAME70 device. If I setup a new project without changing any project parameter I observe that within the first printf("Hello World") the application stops with a hard fault. If I step into the printf I can see that it crash within the assembler function __vfprintf_int_nwp at the assembler command: pop.w {r4-r10, pc} at address 0x400DC2 (should be the same address for every standard me…

• Dear all, I played around with TCM on a SAME70 device. After a while I get it to work. During my experiments I came across the point to copy function code from the internal flash to the TCM memory. According to the Application Note AN44047 from Atmel/Microchip this needs to be done after the GPNVM bits are set according to the size of TCM memory you are requesting and after enabling the TCM in the System Control Block register. If you setup a project for a SAME70 device the thumb_crt0.s contains…

• Hi, I tested the proposal and it looks to me it is not so easy to change the compiler version at least for the following reasons: - the naming in the official ARM GCC distribution is different from the one that is set in SES. In SES the compiler is called by cc1. In the official distribution it is something like arm-none-eabi-gcc or arm-none-eabi-gcc-x.y.z where xyz is the version number - I'm not an expert, but I assume it is not suffcient to change just the compiler binary. I guess some change…

• Hello, it looks to me that SES is delivered with gcc6.3.1. The latest version that is available is gcc7.2.1. SES seems to organize the directory structure of the gcc toolchain a little bit different to the standard. Before I start to spend too much time in finding out how to adopt it to the SES structure I like to ask if someone already successfull upgrade the gcc toolchain or if there is a date when the newest version will be included in a new SES version. Best Regards Markus

• Dear George, sorry for the late reply. I was a few days off. Thanks for the example. I will have a closer look and try to adopt it to my project tomorrow and Friday. I will let you know what happens. Best Regards Markus

• Dear Nino, thanks for your answer. I will insert a small delay when I start integrating FreeRTOS to my project and test the issue again. I currently work on a SAME70 board that needs the entire 300MHz because of a lot of demanding workload. However, I guess in real-world applications it is not a big think because you don't use extensively the printf() function in real-time applications. Best Regards Markus

• Dear George, you approach sounds quite sophisticated. It would be great if you can share some ideas and snippets. Best Regards Markus

• Dear all, I use JLINK-EDU in preparation for a lecture that I plan to switch from a different JTAG interface to JLINK. In this context I start using EmbeddedStudio as well. In principle it worked for me. However, it seems to me that there are some issues with high resolution displays and dialogboxes. You find a picture about my issue in the attachment. I try to describe what is happening. The typical 'Term of use' comes up when I start EmbeddedStudio on a notebook that has a high resolution disp…

• Dear all, I just start with EmbeddedStudio. While I was testing with the 'Hello World' example that seems to be created each time you setup a new project I find out that in the DebugTerminal only 64 iterations of the 'Hello World' is shown. As far as I understand the program code it should be 100 times. Can anyone explain it to me? Best Regards Markus

• Dear all, anyone already tried to setup a TCM segment in the linker file and modified the startup code accordingly? Best Regards Markus

• Hello everybody, I experienced the same problem. Does that mean the startup code needs to be modified to change the GPNVM bits? I would appreciate if someone can post a working example. Best Regards Markus

• I tried the same with no success. However, I could not follow all the advises. So what I did is the following: In SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Config_FreeRTOS.c I add one line for a semaphore that I want to get displayed by its name instead of the address in the upper log window (that has in the headline 'Events' for the first column). /********************************************************************* * * _cbSendSystemDesc() * * Function description * Sends SystemView description strings. */ static void _…

• Dear all, after a little bit more of testing I feel some sort of 'grounded'. It looks like that every FreeRTOS call that deals with Queues (and therefore also with Semaphores) lead to an invalid packet for SystemView. I haven't got the time and knowledge to debug this. I guess it has to do with the fact that in FreeRTOS 9.0.0 some of the trace marcos are already included that needed to be inserted in 8.2.3. My application is too complicate that I can debug it without a task tracing tool. So the …

• Dear all, I was able to migrate to FreeRTOS 9.0.0. Actually I just followed the patch file and find out where these changes should take place. Interestingly some of the patches seems now to be included in FreeRTOS9.0.0 (mainly in task.c) and therefore the number of lines to changes is less than it was. However one thing is not working at the moment. I used the SEGGER_SYSVIEW_WaitForConnection() function that was published here in the forum a while ago with my FreeRTOS8.2.3. If I use that now I g…

• Hello, I'm using SystemView on a custom board hosting the Cortex-M7 core. The software is based on FreeRTOS. In general the recording starts every time as requested - however it stops after 4-16 seconds although the application is still alive. I already increased the SystemView Buffer to 8192 (bytes I guess) with no noticeable improvement. Any other idea? Best Regards Markus