Search Results

Search results 21-26 of 26.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Direct framebuffer access

BramPeeters - - emWin related

Hi, Ok, thanks for the super clear & spot on explanation. It even answers one of the questions i had not asked yet, what is the advantage of using the cache :). My ideal scenario would be then to have a cache I can write into but sadly that is not option then :/. I will evaluate the speed of the other options then (cache + GUI_MEMDEV/cache + GUI_BITMAP/ no cache and readbacks) and pick what works best for me. Have a nice weekend ! Bram

Hi Sven, Ok that is super interesting to know :), thank you. So that means Emwin is not 'aware' of what is currently visible on the screen ? And if i write eg some text on the screen, it will *only* transfer the pixels of the text ? I would have expected that it would overlay the text on the current background in a buffer, and then send the result to the LCD controller, or maybe a 'dirty' partial rectangular area or something . Anyway, that also means i can write my raw image directly to the LCD…

Hi, I already posted a similar question to the stemwin forum but so far without result. I have a board with an external controller connected via an 8bit bus to my cpu, and my pixels are 16bit 565 format. Relevant calls setting this up: GUI_DEVICE_CreateAndLink(GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR, GUICC_565 , 0, 0); GUIDRV_FlexColor_SetFunc(pDevice, &PortAPI, GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_F66709 , GUIDRV_FLEXCOLOR_M16C0B8 ) I am looking for a way to write raw image data (565 format) directly into the emwin framebuffer (which i …

• Hi, Indeed, you are right, it turns out the SW puts the chip in 'suspend' after a while so that explains why the JTAG connection is lost, and why it does not work if i set the bootmode to use the application present in flash (which will do the same). I also tried a few more times using jlink.exe directly and these always seem to be "good" runs, i can step 's', or run 'g' and hit the next breakpoint without running into the problem (until he goes into suspend but ok) of: ERROR: Bad JTAG communica…

• >Use a valid speed (Please note: ARM926EJ-S only support speeds up to a 1/8 - 1/6 of the current clock speed, therefore you probably need to use a speed of 4 - 50 kHz at the start of a session) What is this "current clock speed" are you referring to here ? CPU core clock speed ? Anyway i tried with 50 Khz in Eclipse and it does not seem to make a difference. I also tried the jlink approach using breakpoint positions i took from eclipse. Not sure how i can figure out of a breakpoint needs to be i…

• that I am attempting to use an Econ Denebola board which has a Cypress CX3 cpu with a JLink Pro debugger and eclipse debugging. ( Cypress CX3 =ARM926EJ-S core) (The Denebola board is powerd via an external 5V power supply ) [1] The Denebola board has a number of boot modi which you can select via dip switches, if i select the default 'boot from spi flash' boot option i cannot connect with the debugger in Eclipse. The JLinkGDBServerCL console output says: Source Code (39 lines) I did quite a lot …