Search Results

Search results 21-38 of 38.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Using the JLink

MUETA - - J-Link/Flasher related

Hello Fabian and thank you for your reply! I got it working, the problem was in addressing the right USB port, namely the device for the terminal emulator, which is working just fine within the Seg. EM studio, no need for other software like "putty", etc for example, I had to exchange the port address... like " /dev/tty.usbserial-AB0JPR8Z " and it works now , like a charm In general, I wanted to print out to the terminal, because the printf() was already supplied with that in mind... Thank you a…

• [SOLVED] Using the JLink

MUETA - - J-Link/Flasher related

Hello all, I am trying to read the printout from the ES IDE via the JLink edu mini. Indeed, I have successfully used the RTT Viewer and accompanied examples, etc. But, the original example, code, that I would like to printout is written to print out to the Putty, which I do not have, nor have used it in past. However, I got the printf() and RTTViwer going quite well, therefore, I am wondering how to use the JLink, etc . and print out here? Has any of you done that before, or is this just impossi…

• I have managed to put the "preprocessor" together, but manually, which is a bit cumbersome, therefore, I am wondering, if there is a way to put one line , namely the directory of the SDK, so that its subdirectories are automatically included?

• Dear Nino Thank you for the reply. Please see below. Quote from SEGGER - Nino: “1. Add your C/C++ and/or asm source files to your projects (in ES you can do that with drag and drop from your filesystem) 2. Add header files to user include directories, so the IDE knows where header files are (in ES project option Preprocessor->User include directories ) 3. Last but not least make sure that your C/C++ source files include the correct header files. ” Re. 1.: I have tried as you have suggested, but …

• Hello and thank for the reply! It seems I have found a solution, indeed, I am on MAC and if I use the TAB keystroke it WORKS! Thank you anyway! BEST.

• Hello I have the same problem, code completion does not work, it shows what could be the complete eg. function, but once selected, pressed even with a mouse pointer it does not complete... btw what keystroke should be used, usually , space bar works... Looking forward to the solution! BEST.

• Hello all, I have tried to build a simple project with my dev board, however, I am not sure how to check, if I am doing it the right way? The basic idea was , if I install the dev board, namely the chip support package would be automatically set, etc. I guess this is not the case? For example, if I ad the headers to the code they are not recognised ? Indeed, I also cannot see the header files in the project explorer.. Any ideas, what am I doing wrong or where to read more about it? BEST.

• There we go! OK, I have opened a new project for the chip under consideration and started with the simple print out code and its works, yeah!!! Both either the RRT Viewer or printf() in debug terminal. So, I guess the next step is to code some of the chip features and start from zero. I was hopping to add the print function to the dev board "Hello world"... Anyway, still wondering, what am I doing wrong in previous Hello worlds... However, it seems it is now working every-time work with it I gue…

• Quote from MUETA: “... I just want to use the 'printf()' function and print out in the EmbeddedStudio and its 'Output' in 'Debug terminal' . This does not work with the project "Hello World" that I have opened from the dev board supplier, however, the application works OK, indeed, I cannot add the printf() to the code, e.g. and see the print out... Interestingly, the simple and other "hello world" is ran I can see the print out in the 'Debug terminal' ... Wondering what I am doing wrong? ” OK, t…

• Quote from MUETA: “... when the header "#include "SEGGER_RTT.h" is given does not want to compile. Tried to add those files manually, but it seems this is not the right way ” This has been solved by addition of the "path" to the project via the "second mouse" click in the project explorer on the project where I wanted to add the path... here is more details about it: infocenter.nordicsemi.com/inde…sg%2Fadd_headers_ses.html

• Hello Nino, I had a look at several things, it seems, I have to "somehow" add the Segger files (see the attached image) to the project. For example, when the header "#include "SEGGER_RTT.h" is given does not want to compile. Tried to add those files manually, but it seems this is not the right way I guess this is the way to go, however, I just want to use the 'printf()' function and print out in the EmbeddedStudio and its 'Output' in 'Debug terminal' . This does not work with the project "Hello …

• Thanks for the reply. I was hopping to get the output in the "debug terminal", however, nothing at the moment. I am using the jLink mini EDU and its probes can be used as an I/o interface. Indeed, will have a look at the given links. To be honest, I did not know I have to additionally setup the print-output, but it is now logical therefore, thank you again!

• Hello all, you will probably laugh at this question, but I wish I could get the print out working. Please have a look at code : C Source Code (39 lines)Any ideas? BEST.

• Thank you Nino, to reorganise my posts... Indeed, I got it to work, now I have to start using the ETA's SDK! BEST.

• Hello All I have the sensor board that I can program via the J-Link edu and sagger embedded studio for ARM, indeed the dev board (AI Sensor board) is based on ARM, namely M3. Therefore, I am looking at basic introduction material how to get going, namely how to make a simple hello world and save it, eventually compile it and upload on the dev board. Looking forward to your comments, ideas. BEST.

• Dear Nino Thank you for your input. It helps, I am really new to Segger, namely the IDE, so what would you say is the best tutorial to start with, before I delve into the manual, looks very thick. I am mainly interested into designing and writing simple code, then compiling it and uploading it on the chip, nice addition would be to debug the code on the chip, indeed, I have the J-Link probe so this should not be a problem, I guess. Thank you in advance for any good directions, inputs. BEST.

• hello Nino Thank you for your comment. Very helpful. Btw I have the J-Link edu Mini Ver. 1 and it is connected to the M3 Debug, the so-called Coresight on the dev board, see below. Do you have any ideas what 3rd party sources for Blinky package would go with the M3 arm installed on this board? BEST. forum.segger.com/index.php/Att…4f0b87d4e982b2113bf083928

• Hello all, I am moving to the arm along with the eta chip that can be programmed via the emStudio, so I am wondering how to work with the ETA AI Sensor Board , has any of you had a go with it? The library is out there, however, I am new to the emStudio so was wondering where to get a basic overview of how to flash a basic "blink" on that board, it is accessible via usb... Looking forward for your comments, suggestions... BEST.