Search Results

Search results 101-120 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. The doxygen comment stuff looks similar to what you reported here already: [SOLVED] Some feedback for Embedded Studio Correct? If so, it is still on our ToDo to improve this. Quote from Masmiseim: “You can drag n’drop code files out of the Embedded Studio main Window, which creates a new window. This is a very helpful feature which allows to have multiple code files open in parallel, but the new window is not snappy. If this window is moved to the edges of the …

• Hello Max, no, you just wrap the malloc etc. calls directly on high level. Do not overwrite standard functions if not necessary. So you would write e.g. C Source Code (7 lines) Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately it is not that simple. This is a problem that comes up with the Arm AEABI and with C++ mangled names ("exactly what is a uint32_t?"). '%u' should not be used for a uint32_t, you should use PRIuLEAST32 or PRIdLEAST32 from <inttypes.h>. Arm confuses the issue with the AEABI defining that 32-bit data are "unsigned" and "int". The C RTABI document and the AAPCS document do not discuss uint32_t, and nor does the C++ RTABI which, is more important here.…

• Hello, Quote from _frank_: “If I understood this correct you mean the Segger GDB server which supports openOCD/pyOCD debuggers. ” No. In this context Embedded Studio is the GDB Client. The GDB Server is from openOCD or pyOCD. We have a universal GDB Client interface in ES, so you can technically hook up any debug probe that has a GDB Server to it. The J-Link GDB Server on the other hand is its own piece of software and has nothing to do with ES. It is simply our GDB Server that we ship with J-Li…

• Hello, Quote from _frank_: “This is exactly what I needed. I overlooked this property until now - but to my defense, the number of setting items is a bit overwhelming ... ” Great to hear. Yes the number of options is quite something on Embedded Studio Quote from _frank_: “I'm using mostly Linux, and I suppose you mean a GDB server from ST, which needs to match the host OS. While ST's Cube IDE somewhat supports Linux, I am not sure if I want to go through the hassle - to say the least. While IMHO…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Quote from _frank_: “The ICDI (from TI, e.g. used on their Launchpad boards) is not and probably will not be supported, right ? ” Not supported. Correct. Quote from _frank_: “There is such a conversion J-Link firmware for the LPC-Link2. I suppose it does not support the older version, called "LPC-Link". ” Correct. Only LPC-Link2 is supported: segger.com/products/debug-prob…other-j-links/lpc-link-2/ Quote from _frank_: “But does this firmware support the standal…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. A guide on how to use an external gnu toolchain with Embedded Studio is explained here: wiki.segger.com/Use_an_externa…hain_with_Embedded_Studio Regarding Ozone. You need to make sure you supply Ozone with the information that your Eclipse also has. Currently you tell it only "here is an elf file and this target device". So Ozone has not information about the bootloader if it is not part of the elf file. Depending on what you are planning to do with the bootloa…

• Hello Benjamin, Thank you for the additional details. A buck converter is usually famous for ripple/noise due to its switching design. So an LDO is generally recommended instead for embedded designs where applicable. Here is a nice article I found in this topic: resources.altium.com/p/using-l…tching-regulator-your-pcb But before you go and redesign your board I recommend to hook up an oscilloscope and see how the signal looks in circuit. Do you see the same pattern there as well? I recommend to …

• Hello Pawel, That is strange indeed. Do you see the same behaviour with the latest V3.50a release of SystemView? If yes, do you have another Linux VM or PC to test against? Do you see the same behaviour there? Which Linux are you using exactly? Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Generally SystemView should be able to record as long as you like. If that is not the case this is usually caused by a setup issue. Could you first try using the latest SystemView version V3.50a and update the target sources as well? Does it work now? If not, did you follow the following guide from our Wiki? (assuming you are using FreeRTOS here like in your other thread) wiki.segger.com/FreeRTOS_with_SystemView Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. It appears that either SystemView is receiving an incorrect package or the debug interface is being disabled by your application. Are you using any low power/sleep modes? Could you try the latest SystemView version V3.50a and update the SystemView target sources accordingly in your project? If it still shows this issue could you provide a J-Link log file of the failing session? You can enable it in the SystemView recorder settings. Does your application work st…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. This does not sound like the right approach to tackle the issue you are seeing. Currently it sounds more like a project setup issue. The toolchain should provide all necessary libc symbols out of the box. Could you provide a small example project that shows the "undefined reference to `__libc_init_array'" error? On another note. Is there a specific reason you are using the gnu linker instead of the SEGGER linker? Is there some feature missing or did something n…

• Hi Sharon, Quote from sharon: “but I have no idea that my post was deleted? ” As said before. Thread bumping is not allowed. J-Link team will answer when they have time. If you require a guaranteed and fast response we recommend to use our official support channels. Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Such an issue is not known to us. Could you provide your J-Link serial number for reference? You can find it at the bottom starting with with S/N. Are you powering your board/chip only via the debug interface or are you also powering via some external power source? Best regards, Nino

• Hello, yes, no thread bumping. Please understand that this is not a support forum. If you qualify for support please use our support channels as explained in my signature. There is no guarantee that you will receive an answer via this forum. Best regards, Nino

• [SOLVED] SWO trace

SEGGER - Nino - - Ozone related

Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. Quote from fraengers: “Is the only thing Ozone can do with with the SWO-pin print text to terminal? ” Correct. SWO tracing is on the wishlist with low priority. If you need SWO tracing now with J-Link Embedded Studio can be used: wiki.segger.com/Configure_SWO_in_Embedded_Studio Best regards, Nino

• Hello, #if blocks are indeed not supported yet. We have added this to our wishlist for a future Embedded Studio version. To get automatically notified when new versions of Embedded Studio launch you can subscribe here: segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=196 Best regards, Nino

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. That version of Embedded Studio does not support code folding. It was added with version V6.32. So any version newer than that should have that feature. Best regards, Nino

• Hello Lothar, You have to supply the memory information to your Embedded Studio project so the debugger knows there is valid memory there and it may access it during debugging. On many target devices there are memory sections e.g. ROM Bootloader (RP2040 has this as well) where they could jump to during run time and depending on the chip it might then crash or even get bricked. So as a precaution the debugger will only disassemble known memory areas. To supply such area you can either use a memor…

• Hello, Thank you for your inquiry. As _frank_ correctly stated dynamic libaries on bare metal embedded systems is highly atypical. Usually you link only statically on embedded systems (.a files + their respective headers). For dynamic linked libraries you essentially need a fully fledged OS like Linux running or at least an RTOS, Filesystem and most likely an MMU. Also your dll would need to be build for your target system architecture. If I had to guess none of these prerequisites fit your setu…