Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• L_Serhii_M -

Posted the thread Jlink settings external RAM and flash.

Thread
    Dear community. Could you help me figure out with jlink setting for the following setup ? MCU LPC4088 Memory layout has been attached. I want to use Ozone and elf file for debugging. Thank you in advance.
  • SEGGER - AlexD -

Replied to the thread data sampling / timeline when doing emulated background reads.

Hi AndyR, please refer to the Ozone user' manual, section 4.6.1, where the hardware requirements for the data sampling window are listed. There you can see that you can control background memory access emulation via the system variable…
  • Mixaill -

Posted the thread JLink Linux udev rules incompatibility with openSUSE.

Thread
    JLink RPM package for Linux provides /etc/udev/rules.d/99-jlink.rules file which allows to use SEGGER devices without root access. This file also contains the following line which skips processing of rule entries for devices which are not handled by
  • AndyR -

Replied to the thread data sampling / timeline when doing emulated background reads.

you can't graph watched variables when using the emulated background JTAG refreshing [ Cortex A5D27 doesn't support high speed live watches according to ozone so is starting and stopping the MPU to read the values ] they do happily slowly update which…
  • SEGGER - AlexD -

Replied to the thread ... Ozone hangs with timeline open when sample rate is set to Max.

Hi fraengers, thank you. We will try to reproduce and come back to you. This might take a while since all engineers are currently fully booked. Best regards -- AlexD
  • SEGGER - AlexD -

Hi AndyR, I'm sorry but I am not able to comprehend the point of your inquiry. Could you please describe more clearly what exactly you would like to know or understand? Best regards -- AlexD
  • lordofthebacon -

Posted the thread IMX6 eMMC/NOR flash read/write with SEGGER Flash Loader.

Thread
    Is there flash loader config available to read/write iMX6 external flash? eMMC/NOR?
  • AndyR -

Posted the thread data sampling / timeline when doing emulated background reads.

Thread
    given you can refresh watched data at up to a few Hz in the background on MPUs that don't support the full high speed sampling mechanism over JTAG, why does the Timeline / data sampling? using J-Trace with Cortex A5D27 which doesn't support the full…
  • mastupristi -

Replied to the thread RT117x CM4: problem when FW is bigger than 57344 (0xe000) bytes.

Hi, Re-reading this old post I read about “SetFlashDLNoRMWThreshold”, so I said to myself, “Why not try this as well?” I modified the script like this: Source Code (4 lines)And works!!! Now you can help me answer the question, “Why does it work?
  • lordofthebacon -

Posted the thread IMX6 eMMC/NOR flash read/write with SEGGER Flash Loader.

Thread
    Hello! Is it possible to read write i.MX6 external NOR and emmc flash with J-Flash? As far as I understand some extra definition files is needed?
  • Hello, I try to write 0xFF to WorkFlash of Traveo2 MCU to avoid the ECC error by using J-Flash. But I got verify error after write 0xFF to WorkFlash. (See attached JFlash.log line 151-158, 302-309) Test case1 : All WorkFlash area is 0xFF. address…
  • ganonor -

Posted the thread ​undefined symbol __SEGGER_RTL_X_get_time_of_da.

Thread
    Hi Trying to link very simple aes risc-v code and falling on the linker phase : error: undefined symbol __SEGGER_RTL_X_get_time_of_day referenced by symbol gettimeofday (section .text.libc.gettimeofday in file timeops.o…
  • balance3164 -

Posted the thread J-link: Proper way of retrying.

Thread
    When executing J-Link_Commander script what's the proper way of retrying operations? Currently I use: Source Code (10 lines)and use it with JLink.exe -NoGui 1 -CommandFile production.jlink Is there a better/faster way? Like if conditions, retry…
  • vry -

Posted the thread Programing MX66L1G45G flash memory on a ATSAMA5D27C custom board.

Thread
    Hi, I'm trying to program a MX66L1G45G spi flash on a custom board with an ATASAMA5D27C microcontroller. I have a SEGGER "Flasher compact" connected to the board. When I try to create a new project in the J-Flash V8.10b tool, I can not find a suitable…
  • vyritecht -

Replied to the thread J-Link OB Firmware for Micro:Bit v2.2x.

Thanks for posting this Steven, and I hope SEGGER can find some time to update the J-LINK for micro:bit V2.2x. I've run into this as I've begun some development in this area, and though completely new to embedded systems engineering, suspect that most…
  • ganonor -

Posted the thread RISC-V Code : illegal instruction for 'aes32esi'.

Thread
    Hello, for a RISC-V simple executable project , I am encountering an "illegal instruction" error when using 'aes32esi'. The code compiles without any errors, but the error occurs at runtime. SEGGER setup: - arm_assembler_variant = "SEGGER" -…
  • ephraim271 -

Posted the thread What does it mean when the middle led turns red in jlink.

Thread
    I've got a jlink connected to a mcu. Was running a long duration test, connected through jlink ultra. Was communicating through RTT from laptop. After 30 hours or so, the middle led turned red. Was unable to communicate anymore. I plugged/unplug the part
  • mastupristi -

Posted the thread RT117x CM4: problem when FW is bigger than 57344 (0xe000) bytes.

Thread
    Hi, we have a bit of a problem with FWs larger than 57344 bytes (0xe000 in hexadecimal), that run XIP from flash, and we connect to CM4. We were also able to reproduce the problem with an example SDK (which I attach) on MCUXpresso IDE v11.10.0 [Build…
  • JLangbridge -

Replied to the thread JRun return codes.

Thanks, Thomas! All good for me, then. I am looking forward to the update, but we can use JRun as is in our test environment.
  • kta -

Posted the thread Support for new STM32MP25x.

Thread
    Dear wonderful Segger Team, Could you please support the STM32MP253 - STM32MP2537 family please? Best, Alexis <3