Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• fraengers -

Replied to the thread live tracing - timeline.

I there any way I can use Ozone or a J-Link/Trace to visualize interrupt entrys and exits (I don't have a RTOS)? Live or afterwards (if I can record for a few minutes). Or is there anything at all, that a J-Trace can do, to get me more live…
  • SEGGER - AlexD -

Replied to the thread live tracing - timeline.

Hi Fraengers, currently this is not possible. Increasing the the size of the trace buffer in PC memory and thus increasing the amount of trace information available in Ozone is already on our to-do list. The code pane in timeline window will still only…
  • bht890811 -

Posted the thread Where can I find the earliest support OS version?.

Thread
    Hello, everyone~ I just want to know where can I find the minimum system requiement of J-Link EDU Mini include the earliest support OS information. Such as: Windows 7 and newer macOS 11.0 and newer Is there an official web?
  • sarthak -

Posted the thread Unable to run emWin sample projects in Visual Studio 2022.

Thread
    Hi, I have just started working with the emWinsimulator. I am trying to run the example projects, but I am unable to followthe steps in the emwin documentation. I am running Visual Studio 2022. Here aremy issues: 1. Unable to find "Settings" menu…
  • eggplant886 -

Posted the thread GDB client issue in SES.

Thread
    Hello 1. When using SES with GDB server for debugging, SES would send packages like '$vCont;s:0#22' '$vCont;c:0#12'. It uses thread id 0 here which means 'an arbitrary thread' according to GDB protocol. Some GDB server does not accept such an ambiguous…
  • deqing -

Posted the thread Security JTAG not worked with Jlink-Plus and i.mxrt1050.

Thread
    Hi, I use Jlink-plus to connect to the Security-jtag enabled device (i.mx rt1050), however, it failed. Attached is the script and running result. Can you help to give how to solve it? Thanks
  • I close this thread as I found a solution for the issue. I am using the Cortex-M plugin in a docker container to connect to the GDB server running natively on my host. In order to "keep" the settings in the device I added the following to the launch.json…
  • Steven Bos -

Posted the thread J-Link OB Firmware for Micro:Bit v2.2x.

Thread
    At my university we use the Micro:Bit v2 in various courses at various levels. Unfortunately the Micro:Bit Educational Foundation changed the interface chip in 2022, rendering the current J-Link OB v2 firmware for v2.00 unusable. This has also been…
  • Hello, When I use J-Link commander to write a binary to the flash using the J-Link OB on the evaluation board, the SoC will then not boot and following the execution in Ozone shows that it stays in the boot ROM for a while and then reset. I noticed…
  • Ok, I am not getting it: According to the log in localhost:19080/flash.htm the area with persistent data is not touched at all... Where the heck is the stored data?
  • StefanSchmidt -

Replied to the thread RTT 50ms timeout is too short for linux container pass-through.

It might not be the solution for your setup, but I am using JLink GDB Server and RTT Viewer on the host and connect to the GDB Server on the host from within the docker container. The marked line in the launch.json shows the connection to the GDB server…
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread Differences in Flasher/J-Link performance.

Hi, Does not sound familiar. In general, Flashers do neither support RTT nor HSS (both J-Scope modes) so it is simulated on the PC side. As you observed: With much less throughput I do not see why timestamps and values should get corrupted if the TIF…
  • fraengers -

Posted the thread live tracing - timeline.

Thread
    Hello, I'm curently testing J-Trace with Ozone. As I already found out, there is only a limited amount of traced data visible in the timeline. And while the MCU is running, no data is visible at all. Can (a limited amount of) data be shown while the…
  • zamniah -

Posted the thread Flasher Secure + Server - support for STM32U5 locking with RDP2.

Thread
    Hi, we are wondering about Flasher Secure support for STM32U5, since your wiki page wiki.segger.com/ST_STM32 notes that "native lock support" is not present (SFI is not meant here, just RDP2 and option bytes). Though there are JFlash/JLink files as…
  • cinderblock -

Posted the thread Differences in Flasher/J-Link performance.

Thread
    I have an older ARM Flasher debugger. Using it, I have reliable RTT/JScope plotting over a 4MHz SWD connection. I also have a new J-link PLUS Compact. It seems to be capable of much more throughput with an identical setup. However, I seem to get a lot…
  • friesen -

Replied to the thread Jlink pro reg not reset.

I can confirm that "r" resets the register. Some testing notes: PLLCFGR reset value is 0x00001000 PLLCFGR address is 0x4002100C Following JLINK commander "erase", PLLCFGR value is 0x01001412 "r" resets this to 0x00001000 I've attached the jlink…
  • cinderblock -

Posted the thread Better handling of data channels in JScope.

Thread
    I'm using JScope heavily for some debugging in RTT mode. I would like to rename/configure traces more permanently/programmatically. If I rename them in the XML config, it works when I load the project, but the names get lost when I connect to a…
  • SEGGER - Alex -

Replied to the thread Jlink pro reg not reset.

Does it also happen when issuing the reset via J-Link Commander? Use „r“ to reset Use „mem32 <Addr>“ to read the PLLCFGR