Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• k3vlar -

Posted the thread Debugging with OpenOCD and GDB Server.

Thread
    Is it possible to have a BIN file downloaded into flash as part of the debug process via gdb/OpenOCD, but then load the elf file subsequently via gdb? Also, where can I find what version of gdb is used when “GDB Server” is selected as the…
  • lhz412 -

Posted the thread Segger RTT doesn't work when the touchgfx is initiated..

Thread
    Hello, I am using the touchgfx designer generated project as template to develop my project. The DK I am using is the STM32U5G9J-DK1. I tried to bring up the Segger RTT viewer feature. The RTT works well before the ToughGFX initialization. If I…
  • andrew.parlane -

Replied to the thread JLink firmware and support/maintenance periods.

Hi Simon, Thanks for the info, that's good to know. It looks like all our units are v4.x and that I/D cache fix seems to have only been applied to v5.x which explains our issue. Thanks again, Andrew
  • SEGGER - Til -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] Strange problem hard to debug.

Hi Silvio, Glad to learn the observed issue was solved! The issue was not caused by embOS but caused by the application. An embOS application must not use embOS API or enable embOS interrupts in a zero latency interrupt routine. Best regards, Til
  • SEGGER - Simon -

Replied to the thread J-LInk EraseChip function stopped working ('Failed to erase chip').

Hello, Thank you for reaching out. Does the problem also occur with the latest version, V7.96k? If the problem still occurs, could you please create and send one J-Link log file of the failing scenario as well as one of the good case? How to enable:
  • SEGGER - Simon -

Replied to the thread JLinkGDBServerCL outgoing TCP connection to 194.45.36.135:19400.

Hello, On startup, the GDB Server connects with our update server to check for updates. Best regards, Simon
  • dsherman28 -

Posted the thread Creating user flash algorithm options.

Thread
    Hello, some time ago there was some information on the Segger wiki about the open flashloader if you wanted to create a flash algorithm to use with JFlash. Now I'm seeing it says "not recommended, but still supported", and now we should use Segger Flash…
  • zxb -

Replied to the thread Is an ETM required in the target for SystemView to function? GD32F405.

Hello, I don't think ETM is needed. I've successfully used SystemView on GD32F450/470, on FreeRTOS 10.
  • SEGGER - AlexD -

Replied to the thread JLinkGDBServerCL connects, Ozone does not.

Hi Glenn, this is a general setup issue which is not related to Ozone. Therefore I will move this thread to the J-Link section in this forum. The colleagues should be able to provide further support. @J-Link team: Could you please investigate what is…
  • andrewsglenn -

Hi Alex, Strange. I just regenerated them, so hope this helps. I've added the schematic for the debug connector. My assumption is if they changed the port configuration, then JLinkGDBServerCL would fail to connect? Glenn
  • a.morniroli -

Posted the thread JLinkGDBServerCL outgoing TCP connection to 194.45.36.135:19400.

Thread
    Hi, my IT dept is asking me about strange TCP outgoing connections to 194.45.36.135:19400, a lot of them every day (which are denied). The process requesting these connections is JLinkGDBServerCL (each time a debugger session is opened using…
  • ZSteven2015 -

Posted the thread Debug in SEGGER_RAM.

Thread
    Hello, we use ses to develop on STM32H743I, when we use SEGGER_RAM.icf, develop and debug in memory, in __segger_init_copy bug with BEBE bkpt #0xBE. [/quote]Can someone tell us what the problem is? Source Code (74…
  • SEGGER - AlexD -

Hi Glenn, are you sure that both the Ozone log and the J-Link log were recorded in the same debug session, as I requested? I'm asking because in the Ozone log I see "Could not measure total IR len. TDO is constant high." but cannot find that in the…
  • andrewsglenn -

Hopefully these are the correct files. I tried using JLinkCommander to set the default log file generation but apparently I'm too stupid to run it. I've also regenerated the jdebug file from the project wizard. The only change I made was ad the log…
  • SEGGER - AlexD -

Replied to the thread GUI issues.

Hi fraengers, as I already stated: The behavior of the scrollbar is not perfect. Best regards -- AlexD
  • SEGGER - AlexD -

Hi andrewsglenn, you did not provide a J-Link log. The procedure of creating a J-Link log is described in the Wiki article I provided earlier. When recording a J-Link log please also record an Ozone log since both need to be recorded during the same…
  • jiri_d -

Posted the thread J-LInk EraseChip function stopped working ('Failed to erase chip').

Thread
    Hello, we have been using J-Link SDK for automated tests for years and now we started getting 'Failed to erase chip' every now and then. We run dozens of test procedures every night and we erase the chip before each test run. Most of the time the fix was…
  • SEGGER - AlexD -

Replied to the thread nRF9161 debugging with Ozone.

Hi msdg, apparently the Ozone project file created by your tooling is not working correctly. So you should switch to setting up an Ozone project and maintaining that by yourself. You may use the Ozone project created by the new project wizard as a…
  • andrewsglenn -

Hi Alex Please find attached the log file. > I noticed that in your Ozone project file the function _SetupTarget() is never called. Is that intended? I used the defaults from the Ozone project wizard. I assumed it set things up correctly for…