Recent Activities

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• kejian2000 -

Posted the thread Ozone crash report.

Thread
    Ozone crashes when save snapshot: 1, create new project using default settings(SWD, 4MHz...) 2, open the timeline window 3,add some variables to Graph and capture some data 4, pause the program and save snapshot 5,repeat step 4 for more than 5 times,…
  • Tirulero -

Posted the thread Setting up a menu with a scrolling wheel.

Thread
    Hello, in AppWizard we are trying to setup a menu screen in which each element is represented as an icon. The center element stands out for its larger dimensions. I attach a gif with the desired behavior. (desired.gif) I'm trying to implement the menu…
  • fraengers -

Replied to the thread Ozone hangs with timeline open when sample rate is set to Max.

I made similar observations (win10, ozone 3.36, j-link ultra+ v5.1). quick example: I have these variables: C Source Code (19 lines)I want to sample D7.dbga[1-3] or dbgb[1-3] or dbgc[1-3] All variables are in the same memory (DTCM of a STM32H745 in this…
  • harito -

Posted the thread Segger embedded studio nordic license activation issue.

Thread
    Dear Team, I installed segger embedded studio in my PC for working with nordic nRF52840-DK. After that I downloaded the nordic license and it was…
  • Ewout -

Posted the thread Ozone on Mac OS X (Apple Silicon) rather slow.

Thread
    Hi, I recently upgraded my work environment and purchased a Mac Studio M2. It is an extremely fast computer. I upgraded my Ozone to the Apple Silicon version (V3.34) but have not had a good experience with it. Debugging is much slower than on my old…
  • mikwaluk -

Posted the thread Bluescreens on Windows 11 right after connecting a J-Link Plus device.

Thread
    Hi, I'm using a SEGGER J-Link Plus debug probe together with the RTT viewer/debugger on my Windows 11 HP Zbook laptop and spontaneously get bluescreens right after attaching the USB cable of J-Link to my laptop. It doesn't happen consistently though -…
  • SEGGER - AlexD -

Replied to the thread Ozone hangs with timeline open when sample rate is set to Max.

Hi grb212, Do you use the latest version of Ozone? Are you able to reproduce the issue on Ozone V3.36? If so, could you please provide a reproducer on an eval board? We'd require the ELF file, the Ozone project, and detailed instructions on what to do to…
  • fraengers -

Replied to the thread live tracing - timeline.

It says 1us@200MHz per event. For an ISR with 100 kHz, that means 20% of CPU load is only for SystemView events, that may be too much. Reproduce 1: - Start debug session with J-Link Edu - Enable power sampling (if not already enabled) - (there is no…
  • alextsai -

Posted the thread v7.98e J-Flash programming error for i.MX RT1062..

Thread
    Last week I updated the J-Flash software to v7.98e. But I get an error when programming external flash of i.MX RT1062. Then I downgraded to v7.98 and it works fine. ?(
  • mpiesta -

Posted the thread RTT related funcionality from JLink SDK.

Thread
    Hello, I'd like to use RTT functionality to send/receive a large amounts of data(in order of megabytes). Currently I'm using custom made TCP client that connects to localhost:19021. This seems to work, and can be quie easily embedded into a host…
  • RTTseemsOK -

Replied to the thread RTT 50ms timeout is too short for linux container pass-through.

I’m already attaching to GDB inside the container. The issue is rather that the telnet from docker to host adds too much latency for RTT Viewer. All I would need is a single byte change, but obviously this would be reverse engineering discussion and…
  • grb212 -

Posted the thread Ozone hangs with timeline open when sample rate is set to Max.

Thread
    Hello all! On Windows 11, with a Segger Ultra+ debugger, we opened a timeline and sampled 3 variables. When we set the sample rate to max, Ozone hangs for about a minute and becomes unresponsive. We click pause, ozone continues to hang, eventually…
  • SEGGER - AlexD -

Hi, Not sure why SystemView should be too much overhead. In general it is recommended the tools that fit a given task best. In the case you describe, SystemView appears to be a very good solution. I just tried: Zooming on the Y-axis of the code pane…
  • SEGGER - Simon -

Replied to the thread How to pipe the output of a specific RTT channel?.

Hello, Currently, there is no option to change the RTT channel in the RTT Client, as it is hardcoded to channel 0. Best regards, Simon
  • fraengers -

Too bad. SystemView may be too much overhead. Playing around with tracebuffer and a J-Link Edu V11 I noticed two things. Both happen when power sampling is enabled. If you choose to not support power sampling for J-Link Edu/Base/Plus, please at least…
  • SEGGER - Simon -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] Jscope RTT time stamp.

Hello, We have expanded our J-Scope documentation with an example on how to use J-Scope with RTT and timestamps: Example Project Best regards, Simon
  • TechGUI -

Posted the thread APPW_CreatePersistentScreens() takes long time to execute.

Thread
    Hi, We are using Segger Appwizard tool to create our GUI design. We are using around 28 .xbf files to support different font sizes and styles in our design. In that 6 font files will be used for multi language and each font file size is around 5MB. So,…
  • Squintz -

Replied to the thread [SOLVED] Guidance on instrumenting FreeRTOS v10.3.1.

I figured out my issues. I was calling the wrong header file from FreeRTOSConf.h. It should be #include "SEGGER_SYSVIEW_FreeRTOS.h and I was calling #include "SEGGER_SYSVIEW.h Also, instead of calling SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf() and SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Start() I'm…
  • Hi, We can confirm that the problem is reproducible on our side. We already have an internal solution for it but need to perform another round of iterations to check against unwanted side effects. BR Alex
  • SEGGER - Nino -

Hello, here you can find an overview of the different trace types and what they can do: wiki.segger.com/General_information_about_tracing The exception tracing you are referencing is most likely ITM trace. Currently ITM tracing is only partially…