J-Link, ARM9, and Micron NAND Flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Link, ARM9, and Micron NAND Flash

Hello all,

I am working on a design involving an AT91SAM9G20 and I have a Micron MT29F4G08AACWC:C 4Gb Flash memory attached. However, Jlink gives me the following response when I try to connect:

- Connecting via USB to J-Link device 0
    - J-Link Firmware: V1.20 (J-Link ARM V7 compiled Jun 30 2009 11:05:27)
    - JTAG speed: 5khz (Fixed)
    - Initializing CPU core(Init sequence) ...
    - - Initialized successfully
    - Using adaptive clocking instead of fixed JTAG speed
    - J-Link found 1 JTAG device. Core ID: 0x0792603F (ARM9)
    - Reading CFI Info ...
    - Could not find any Flash devices
    - ERROR: Failed to connect

So what is the issue? Do I need to write a file with custom RAM codes?

I also attached an Atmel AT45 32Mb SPIO flash (my PCB supports both NAND and the SPIO) and I could not identify that device either.

Any info on how to communicate with these devices would be helpful,
  • Hi Andy,

yes, in order to program NAND flash or Atmel DataFlash a custom RAMCode is needed by J-Flash.
    Currently custom RAMCodes are supported by J-Flash, but until now there is no customer instruction
    how to write your own RAMCode.

Currently, custom RAMCodes can be writte by SEGGER upon request. Pricing: Depends on target system (eval board or custom hardware...).
    For more information about pricing, please get in touch with sales@segger.com

Best regards
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.