Monday, May 21st 2018, 7:25am UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to SEGGER Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jev

Beginner

Date of registration: Jan 11th 2018

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 11:30am

oZone + IAR: ElfDwarf problems and unexpected break

Hey guys,

I'm using oZone 2.56l on a Nordic nRF52832 connected by a J-Link Plus. Toolchain: IAR 8.11.2. I have two problems with this configuration lately:

1. On loading the generated .out file, I get messages from oZone:

Source code

File.Open ("C:/projects/foo/_build/foo.out");
ElfLib: libdwarf: Debug info NULL in func _dwarf_strtab_init (.debug_str, 0x0)
ElfLib: libdwarf: No Error in func _dwarf_loclist_add_locdesc (base address entry in location list unsupported, 0x0)

It still loads the objectfile correctly though, debug information as far as I can tell seems to be correct and it stops at main as I expect it to.

2. When running, the target stops somewhere in Nordic's softdevice, always on the same address and it won't continue from there. It didn't to do that a couple of oZone versions ago and it doesn't do that when using IAR's debugger either. There seems to be no reason to stop here whatsoever: no breakpoint set, no weird exception or anything. The instruction it stops on is a pretty simple LDR R3, [R3+0x0C] where R3 points on an address ending in 0x00 (so no alignment problems either). No memory protection.

I'm lost. The reason I use oZone instead of IAR's debugger is its convenient RTT implementation and it provides better trace support when using our J-Trace Pro probe. I feel somewhat disabled using IAR's debugger, so if this can be fixed I would be very grateful.

Edit: could it be this is the same problem as described here => [SOLVED] Ozone: v2.56 regression with Nordic SoftDevice (S140, nRF52840) ?
Looks like it... the vector table lives not where oZone expects it to be!

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "jev" (May 17th 2018, 11:50am)