Issue with getting interrupts for FLASH_ALGO_TYPE_CMSIS flash loader

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Issue with getting interrupts for FLASH_ALGO_TYPE_CMSIS flash loader

New

HW used
      J-Trace Pro
      Custom microcontroller with M33 connected to QSPI Flash

SW used
      J-Flash

Background
      I am working on flash loader FLM file for loading code to an external QSPI Flash.
      The chip on which FLM is loaded is custom with M33 processor.

.*FLM + Data -> J-Flash (on PC) -> J-Trace Pro -> Custom microcontroller with M33 -> QSPI Flash

Aim
      Use flash driver with interrupts within the FLM. The reason being that the flash driver has gone through substantial testing, and we want to keep the same code base for all the applications.

Issue
      Interrupts invoked as part of flash loader functions are not reaching and executing interrupt handler.

Things Tried
      1. Enabled interrupts via setting the PRIMASK as part of the Init() FLM function (Algorithm Functions).
      2. VTOR is set up with the vector table as part of Init() FLM function. Vector table is created as part of FLM. The thinking was that when an interrupt is created, the interrupt would query the vector table and jump to the correct interrupt handler. Although, the interrupt was still not executed.

Queries
      I referenced the previous posts that are related, I have already read them. Could someone please help with the problem in hand, rather than suggesting to not use interrupts. Thank you :)

1. What are the intricacies of setting up interrupts as part of FLM? (Currently, we are working in dark because of the Segger code setting registers, stack and calling FLM functions)
      2. Curious, how does Segger set up the stack for running the FLM? Does Segger set up the MSP?
        I am trying to figure out the relation with Segger setting up the stack and stack used for interrupt context switch and interrupt itself.

Related Posts Read