data sampling / timeline when doing emulated background reads

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• data sampling / timeline when doing emulated background reads

New

given you can refresh watched data at up to a few Hz in the background on MPUs that don't support the full high speed sampling mechanism over JTAG, why does the Timeline / data sampling?

using J-Trace with Cortex A5D27 which doesn't support the full high speed background refresh

this appears in the console

Hardware setup does not support data sampling.
      Current setup does not support background memory access mode
      Error (84): Failed to start high speed sampling (HSS).

i don't see why the mechanism for flushing the data from the processor should matter to being able to graph / do stats on a variable ( which does appear in the data sampling window but obviously doesn't update ) given that as the user we know and understand the sampling restrictions of the hardware platform
    • New

Hi AndyR,
      I'm sorry but I am not able to comprehend the point of your inquiry.
      Could you please describe more clearly what exactly you would like to know or understand?
      Best regards
      -- AlexD
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.