Issue Attaching to Running Program

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Issue Attaching to Running Program

New

I'm having trouble with Attach to Running program in Ozone.

I have a jLink Ultra+ and am using Ozone (v 3.36). I’m connecting to a S32K396 chip and Ozone works great when I Download & Reset Program, but
      When I Attach to Running Program, it almost always fails with a HardFault exception. My colleague connecting to a S32K388 experiences the same thing.
      Weird thing is that sometimes (very rarely) it actually works, but I can't figure out why.
      Images
      • hardfault.jpg

834.93 kB, 2,032×1,652, viewed 13 times
    • New

Sorry my original post did not have values in the image.
      Here's some more information:
      It seems that I am able to attach, but it halts (even though I'm doing Attach to Running Program and not Attach and Halt.
      Then I hit step or play and I get the fault which seems to either be an data access violation or instruction access violation with a SysTickException
      Images
      • data_access_violation.jpg

399 kB, 1,048×1,093, viewed 4 times
      • instruction_access_violation.jpg

465.12 kB, 1,049×1,115, viewed 4 times
    • New

Hi Charles_1,
      just a guess: Does your RTOS enter a power-saving mode when entering the idle thread? In that case, please have a look here: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_Low-power_mode_debugging
      Best regards
      -- AlexD
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.