[SOLVED] understanding output of "ShowHWStatus"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] understanding output of "ShowHWStatus"

Hello,

We are facing some unreliability using a JLink-Plus and JFlash with some of our custom boards.

I am suspecting noise/interference on the connection/cabling from the board to the JLink.

I know that "ShowHWStatus" will tell me the voltage measured on the supply pin (for me, that should be around 3.3V). I know it can also show target power consumption, but since these boards are powered externally, I don't expect to use that feature (and I'm not sure it's available on JLink-Plus anyway).

But what do these mean:

TCK=1 TDI=1 TDO=1 TMS=1 TRES=1 TRST=1

I know these are JTAG pins, but we are using SWD. How does the JLink "simulate" them? Do they mean anything at all when using SWD?

As I said, I don't think there's anything wrong with our JLink -- I'm just trying to help isolate where the issue might be in our cabling or connection.
  • Hello,

The ShowHWStatus command displays the current state of the pins, indicating whether they are high (1) or low (0).

For SWD, the following pins are used:
    • TDI = SWDIO
    • TCK = SWCLK
    • TDO = SWO
    Best regards,
    Simon
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.