[SOLVED] Program external qspi flash on custom PCB using JLink

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Program external qspi flash on custom PCB using JLink

I am using JLink v7.98a.
    I have a custom PCB that uses the STM32U599NJH6Q MCU as the main microcontroler. Attached to its OCTOSPI2 peripheral is attached the MT25QL128ABA QSPI flash.
    The pinout of this peripheral can be seen here:pinout.bmp

I am trying to load some code to the MCU, part of which needs to be placed in the qspi flash.
    While reading on how to configure JLink to program the external flash I came across this command:
    STM32H743ZI?BankAddr=0x90000000&Loader=CLK@PF10_nCS@PB6_D0@PF8_D1@PF9_D2@PF7_D3@PF6,
    which I converted to this for my usecase:
    BankAddr=0x70000000&Loader=CLK@PF4_nCS@PA0_D0@PF0_D1@PF1_D2@PF2_D3@PF3
    In the flash_command_and_error.bmp attachement it can be seen that the command is received properly
    but this did not work as I am reading all 00s during the verification step of programming the external flash:
    flash_command_and_error.bmp

In the attachement JFlash.bmp you can see that there are some options on choosing the external qspi peripheral to use:
    JFlash.bmp
    But the options are quite limited, If I understand this correctly it means that the JLink, currently, can only program a qspi flash that is attached on OCTOSPI1 with the 3 different pinouts.
    Is my assumption above correct?
    Is there anything that can be done in order to program my external QSPI?
    Thank you very much for your assistance.
  • Hello,

You can only choose out of the available pin configurations that are available the MCU and cant adjust it yourself.

You can find the available pin configurations for the STM32U599 here:
    wiki.segger.com/ST_STM32U5#QSPI_Flash

If your Pin configuration differs from the ones available, please get in touch with us directly via our support system:
    segger.com/ticket/

Best regards,
    Simon
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.