J-Trace Connection with STM32F446_Nucleo-144

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Trace Connection with STM32F446_Nucleo-144

Dear SEGGER developers,

I'm trying to connect a J-Trace debugger to my STM32F446 Nucleo-144 board. While the Segger Wiki has been very helpful, I'm still uncertain about some details.

The Wiki provides information on which pins on board should be connected, but it doesn't show exactly how to connect the J-Trace to the boards. I've also consulted the STM32F446 manual and noticed that several pins seem to correspond to trace functions:

Pin nameAlternate functions
      PE2TRACECLK
      PE3TRACED0
      PE4TRACED1
      PE5TRACED2
      PE6TRACED3

Should I connect these pins to the J-Trace trace pins, and the other pins to the debug pins on the boards?

Any additional detailed information on the connection process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Dingisoul
    • New

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
      If your chip features multiple possible sets of trace pins you can generally use any combination you want. You just have to make sure that the chosen trace pins fit the ones that you are initializing in your .JLinkScript file.
      In the linked example project you will find an example script that sets up PE2-PE6.
      The example script will limit the trace data pins to 1 pin though to make the pictured setup possbile with the flying wires.
      If you plan on using all 4 trace pins make sure the line where variable "JLINK_TRACE_PortWidth" is set is commented out or that value is set to 4 instead.

A general guide on how to setup trace pin inits is explained here:
      wiki.segger.com/How_to_configu…t_files_to_enable_tracing

Best regards,
      Nino
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.