[SOLVED] how to add custom device support in newer version J-Flash?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] how to add custom device support in newer version J-Flash?

hi segger staff,
    i'm using some arm cortex devices from small companies that are not offically supported by J-Flash. in older version(V6xx), i can manually add something in JLinkDevices.xml, put some .flm files in /Devices category, and the device selection will show up. But in newer version(V7xx), i cannot find JLinkDevices.xml file and /Devices category. what should i do in this case?

thank you very much.
  • hi, you can add support for custom devices as described here: J-Link Device Support Kit - SEGGER Wiki

Basically, you can create the folder structure in C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SEGGER\
    There you create a new folder \JLinkDevices and then the subfolders for your Vendor and Device. In there you place your device.xml and the flm file (see screenshot below).

Then you can adapt your device file according to your needs (below you see an example for STM32G491RC with a custom flash loader flm file located in the same directory as the xml):

XML Source Code: STMG491RC.xml

1. <Database>
    2. <Device>
    3. <ChipInfo Vendor="ST" Name="STM32G491RC_CL" WorkRAMAddr="0x20000000" WorkRAMSize="0x8000" Core="JLINK_CORE_CORTEX_M4"/>
    4. <FlashBankInfo Name="Flash Bank" BaseAddr="0x08000000" AlwaysPresent="1">
    5. <LoaderInfo Name="CmsisSingleBank" Loader="STM32G49x-Ax_256.FLM" MaxSize=" 0x40000" LoaderType="FLASH_ALGO_TYPE_OPEN" />
    6. </FlashBankInfo>
    7. </Device>
    8. </Database>