[SOLVED]Does anyone have a guide to installing the newer FreeRTOS-Plus-Trace?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED]Does anyone have a guide to installing the newer FreeRTOS-Plus-Trace?

I've been playing around with the newer versions of FreeRTOS, and planning on upgrading to version 11. There is no need to patch anymore since, from what I understand, SystemView is integrated directly inside a package called FreeRTOS-Plus-Trace. I've been following the instructions on the FreeRTOS website, but I can't seem to get it to work with SystemView. Originally it would just freeze at 1% during the connection and not go any further. Now, it gets quickly to 100%, but closes without any traces actually being sent. I haven't found a way to make this work (or to enter the system name, core details, etc). Does anyone have a good guide to setting this up specifically for SystemView? Thanks!
  • Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Correct, the FreeRTOS kernel does not need to be patched anymore starting with version 11. Nevertheless the project still needs to be setup correctly to work with SystemView.
    Please take a look at our Wiki for all required steps as well as an example project: wiki.segger.com/FreeRTOS_with_SystemView

Starting with FreeRTOS v11 all API functions may be traced, instead of a smaller selection as was the case with the older patches. Because of this some IDs are missing in the description file currently shipped with SystemView. This file has already been updated internally and will of course be shipped with the next SystemView update.

FYI: The "FreeRTOS-Plus-Trace" package does not seem to be related to SEGGER or SystemView, but another tracing software.

Best regards,
    SebastianB
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • New

Okay, my bad... Sorry!

So, yes, I was originally talking about FreeRTOS 11. And I was also talking about SystemView. I didn't know where to start, what to patch, etc. I've been using SYstemView for a while now, but I didn't expect it to be that plug and play concerning FreeRTOS 11. Add the files, patch nothing, and compile. And now I have trace information. Perfect! Thank you!
  • New

No worries, great to hear that you are up and running!

We will consider this case as solved, happy tracing!
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.