[SOLVED] Timeline window of Ozone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Timeline window of Ozone

Hi all, I got a question about the timeline properties of Ozone. I want to see the real timeline of a running code like which thread goes on for how much time. I used Renesas EK-RA6M5 board and when I set the trace setting as trace buffer, I only see a little time window of code. I mean it does not shows the real flow. Also, when I set the trace source as trace pins, I saw nothing in timeline windows which I set the related pins for tracing in board.

I only see that kind of outputs which took only 900 microsec yet I want to see is it in real time.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

It is expected that in trace buffer mode you will only see a small fraction of code in the timeline as the buffer is usually only ~4 kB in size. Also there are no timestamps in buffer trace available.
    With pin tracing you get timestamps and can do the analysis you mentioned to see how long which thread took etc. Just make sure to enable RTOS awareness in Ozone. For more information see the Ozone manual.
    Also make sure that you set the correct CPU Frequency in Ozone trace settings under Tools->Trace Settings->CPU Frequency. Otherwise the timline will be inaccurate.

GokhanAkkaya wrote:

Also, when I set the trace source as trace pins, I saw nothing in timeline windows which I set the related pins for tracing in board.
    Here is an example project for the mentioned eval board:
    wiki.segger.com/Renesas_RA6M5#Tracing_on_Renesas_R7FA6M5

Does pin tracing work if you use this example project?
    If yes, simply reuse the pex file from the example in your own custom setup. The pex file will handle all trace related settings that are necessary for pin tracing to work on this chip.

GokhanAkkaya wrote:

I only see that kind of outputs which took only 900 microsec yet I want to see is it in real time.
    The timeline is only generated when the target is halted as the incoming data stream is simply to fast to be displayed in real time.

If you require live performance analysis tools that can measure code execution time we recommend to use software tracing e.g. with SystemView:
    segger.com/products/development-tools/systemview/
    Here less data is transferred so you can display the timeline live.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi GokhanAkkaya,
    Ozone does not come with a plug-in for Azure RTOS. However, you may create your own RTOS plug-in. Details on how that can be done can be found in the Ozone User's manual.
    Does that answer your question?
    Best regards
    -- AlexD

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• You're very welcome.
    Happy debugging!