JLinkExe update software popup

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JLinkExe update software popup

Hello,

I use a JlinkExe command line script to help our no firmware developper to flash our STM32WB55 board (BLE stack, option bytes and our binaries).
      At the first execution of the day, the popup "software update" is showing and block the script. We must close manually this popup.

A would have your recommendation to disable the software update check when the JlinkExe is lunched.

I joined my powershell script :

Source Code

1. & $JLinkExe -device $Device -if swd -speed 24000 -CommandFile "$ScriptDir\$CommandFile" > $LogFile
      I already use the "exec SuppressInfoUpdateFW" script command with no effect, but, i think, it's not a firmware update but really the J-link software update.

Thanks for your help, :)

Pierre.
    • Hi Pierre,
      The update notification dialog should be non-blocking, so it should not interrupt your script execution.

Could you please tell us a little bit more about your setup, so we can investigate this?
      1) Which J-Link Software version are you using?
      2) Could you please send us a J-Link log file of the session?
      How to enable: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File

BR
      Fabian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi Fabian !

I take a screen of the popup in attachement.

My J-link software version is V7.80c.

I already launch the script today, i will power off the setup during my break, i try to send you the log file when popup occur after that !

So, there is no settings options in AppData ini files to disable software update check ?

Thank you for giving me your time :)

Pierre.
      Images
      • Capture d'écran 2024-02-06 101451.png

9.26 kB, 545×130, viewed 36 times
    • Hi Pierre,
      sorry for the delay in response.

The issue you described was already fixed with V7.92l:
      While the update notification pop-up was visible, other dialogs (e.g. flash programming dialog) would not be shown until the pop-up was closed. Fixed.

I would suggest to upgrade to the latest version:
      segger.com/downloads/jlink#J-L…twareAndDocumentationPack

To disable the notifications entirely, please refer to the following article:
      wiki.segger.com/J-Link_Update_Notifications

BR
      Fabian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.