[SOLVED] J-Link EDU Mini and Ozone?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link EDU Mini and Ozone?

I just bought an J-Link EDU Mini (# 801050847). When I try to connect to my target (in this case a RPI2040) with Ozone I get the same message as shown here, that I don't have a license (c.a.segger.com/fileadmin/image…nkDebugger_MissingLic.png (of course with my serial)).
    I've never seen this message before when I used for example the onboard J-Links of my Nordic boards - and as far as I remember - also not for my legacy J-Link EDU v8.
    Do I need to request a license for the EDU Mini or is Ozone restricted in any way when I click "yes"?
    I am a private user and just using the products for my hobby.
  • Hi daubsi,

J-Link EDU mini is not supposed to be used for commercial purposes. Therefor the message you observe is displayed. Since you are using Ozone and J-Link EDU mini only for private purposes, this is OK.

If your register window is empty your Ozone project most likely does not load the respective SVD file. For details please refer to the section 4.17 in the Ozone user's manual.

Does that answer your questions?

Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.