[SOLVED] Discrepancies while flashing through SEGGER Embedded Studio and JLink flasher

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Discrepancies while flashing through SEGGER Embedded Studio and JLink flasher

Hi team,

I am using SEGGER Embedded Studio v7.12a for developing an application. I am able to flash and verify the firmware correctly while using SEGGER Embedded studio.

For ease of use I enabled `.hex` output and use the `.hex` file to flash the microcontroller using J-Flash lite v7.88. Now when I verify the firmware on the microcontroller using SEGGER Embedded studio, I can see some discrepancies. For example, see the attached section. SEGGER Embedded studio uses .elf file for comparison. The program works as intended but I am wondering if this is a bug with parsing the. elf or is it an expected behavior?
    Images
    • Capture.PNG

28.77 kB, 1,111×275, viewed 136 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    It might be that the default fill value for empty gaps is different for the hex and for the elf file.
    How does the hex file look like if you open it e.g. in J-Flash or some other hex file viewer?

You can set the gap fill value for the extra output format with project option: Code > Linker > Additional Output File Gap Fill Value

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.