Using RA8876 Display with emWin

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Using RA8876 Display with emWin

Greetings.

I am planning to use the RA8876 display with a NXP MK56 series MCU based custom board. Is it possible to use emWin for developing the GUI for the RA8876 display? I see no driver supports this controller so I was thinking about using GUIDRV_Lin driver. Will that work? Also how does emWin send data to the display as there are no GUI_PORT_API functions for the Linear driver?

Any help in the right direction will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    • Hi,

It is not possible to use the RA8876 directly with emWin. You would need another controller which generates the proper signals for the RA8876.

Typically a display controller build in to the MCU is used to generate these signals.

In this case you would utilize the GUIDRV_Lin driver to manage the framebuffer on MCU side. The internal display controller will parse the framebuffer and generate the signals for the RA8876.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.