[SOLVED] How do I perform a full reset of the Ozone installation?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How do I perform a full reset of the Ozone installation?

Hi,

Since some versions of Ozone (now I am using the latest, 3.30d) I don't see the target flashing progress bar anymore when flashing the target, my Ozone just hangs with the window unresponsive, after the flash it returns to work, my colleagues do not seem to have this problem.
    I have already tried to reinstall it, but it doesn't solve the problem, but I also noticed that the reinstall is not resetting the configuration, as I can still see projects in the "recent projects" tab and so on, so my question is:

How can I fully erase/reset everything related to Ozone on my machine?
    The Ozone manual says that the settings are stored under "$Home/.config/SEGGER/Ozone.conf", but I couldn't find it on my installation, the .config folder has no SEGGER folder, my Ozone is installed on windows for a local user

Thank you
    Gustavo
  • Hi Gustavo,
    you are referring to a section in the user manual which is treating the Linux installation. The Windows installation is described in section 2.1.1. Uninstalling Ozone under Windows is described in section 2.1.2.
    Could you please check if your issue with the missing progress indicator persists if you replace the J-Link DLL with the most recent one? You can download the J-Link Installer here: segger.com/downloads/jlink/
    When executing the installer you are presented an option to change the DLL in other tool's installation as well. Please do so and also update the DLL in your Ozone installation.
    Does that help resolving your issue?
    Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I manually copied the Jlink DLL to the Ozone folder and now it shows the dialog, thanks AlexD!

by the way, the installer does not allow to update the DLL of other tools if you are installing/updating without admin rights (for the current user only), even if the other tools are also installed for the current user only (which was my case, that's why I believe the DLL was outdated in my Ozone)
  • Hi Gustavo and happy new year!
    good to hear you are up and running again.
    Best regards
    -- AlexD
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.