Reset Behavior with J-Link Ultra+ on MSPM0G3507 Microcontroller

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Reset Behavior with J-Link Ultra+ on MSPM0G3507 Microcontroller

Hello,

I use the MSPM0G3507 microcontroller and J-Link Ultra+, the latest version (V7.94b) of the J-Link firmware and software.

There are differences between XDS110 and J-Link reset handling.

I have a test code that waits for 5 seconds and goes to SHUTDOWN mode.

First Issue,
      When I download the hex file with the XDS110 debugger, according to my choice "Debug CPU" or "Debug SW" reset triggers, code running without any problem.
      But, if I download the same hex file with Segger J-Link Ultra+ , it wakes up from SHUTDOWN mode. But, If I manage to wake up with a different reset (like holding1 second of the reset pin), it wakes up POR reset and works without any problem.

Second Issue, I tried to run theRSetType 2 functionality in J-Link Commander. However, when I enable RSetType 2and attempt to reset the device using the commander tool, the reset line does not toggle. A CPU behaves as if it is in a reset state and not running.

I have attached an image showing the output from the commander tool and the SWD signals captured by a logic analyzer under RSetType 2 testing.

Questions
      1. Which type of resets can be applied via J-Link Ultra+ to MSPM0G3507?
      2. Why RSetType 2 not trigger SWD reset pin?
      Thank you in advance for your answers and interest.
      Images
      • RSetType2 Commander.png

63.2 kB, 679×1,060, viewed 71 times
      • RSetType2 SWD.png

51.95 kB, 1,850×337, viewed 72 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by ahenk ().