[SOLVED] How to change a µC on the fly?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to change a µC on the fly?

Hello,
    I think, I simply miss the trick, but I can't find anything about this in the manual (or I'm silly stupid):
    I got a project from a colleague using a STM32L071. This project builds to a size of a little less than 21kB Flash and less than 4kB of RAM. Therefore I had the idea to use a available testboard using a STM32L031.

Unfortunately I don't find a possibility to change the target controller on thefly from '071 to '31.

Where do I have to look for this?

73 de Kai
  • Okay, I found a working solution which worked in this case:
    I changed all device depending files in options of solution & project, like the memory map file to the memory settings and names and so on.

In this case the thing was done, but in other adaptation like changing from M0 to M4 for example it seems an unnecessarily big detour, I think.

The thread can be closed.

73 de Kai
  • Hello Kai,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    It depends a bit on how your project was setup as.
    If you are using a CPU Package for project setup switching one project "one the fly" to another target device is a bit easier as some settings as architecture etc. will change dependent on the selected target processor. If you are using the generic Cortex-M template you have to set all settings yourself.

However in either case you will have to at least fix up the memory map file and most likely other target specific settings.

So it is not really recommended by us to try switching target devices afterwards.
    The more clean and less error prone approach would be to create a new project or the correct target device and just move your sources and project settings over.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.