[SOLVED] QTPainter error while using JFlash command line interface

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] QTPainter error while using JFlash command line interface

Hi, I have been trying to use the JFlash command line interface to read some data from my device's flash. Everytime I launch JFLASH I get the following error:

QPainter::setFont: Painter not active

Is this error safe to ignore? How would go I about fixing the issue so I don't get this error, it causes some of our scripting tools to error out thinking that it's a real error. Is this fix coming in a newer release?
  • Where do you see an error there?
    I do not see any “error” introducer to that message, so it is more an info message.
    If such an output on stdout breaks your scripts, your scripts are broken by design.
    There is no guarantee that J-Flash stays 100% silent on stdout.

You should also not parse any stdout for errors.
    The return / exit value of J-Flash is what matters.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • As indicated before, this message is not an error but more some kind of “debug output” from Qt.
    Will be “fixed” in a future version but without priority right now, as it is not an error or real bug / regression.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.