STM32W108 readout protection

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• STM32W108 readout protection

Hi,
    I tried to flash an stm32w108 with JLINK but i get an error:
    Error: Wrong AHB ID (15:3). Expected 0x04770001 (Mask 0x0FFFFFCF), Found
    0x00000000

i want to know how could I solve this problem.
    Sure my microcontroler is locked so how could I make the internal flash memory read unprotected?
    and what's the source of this problem? I think it's a hardware problem.
    In my board, I connected:
    - NRST to a bottun that connect it to GND.
    -all VDD and GND are connected, even VDDA (related the ADC)
    -SWCLK
    -PC4 related to JTMS
    -PA4, PA6 and PA7 connected as outputs.
    waiting for your answers.
    thanx
    :huh:
  • Hi,

We will check what can be done to extend the STM32Unlock tool to also support STM32W devices.
    But usually, simply enabling the read-protection of the device does not cause this kind of errors.
    Usually J-Link is still able to connect to the device but can not read flash anymore.
    Moreover, without being able to establish a connection, J-Link can not lift the read-protection.

- NRST to a bottun that connect it to GND.

I assume there is also a pull-up resistor connected to nRST to make sure that it has a defined non-reset state by default?

Best regards
    Alex
  • HI,
    Thank you for answering.
    I use a DIZIC MODULE that contain the STM32W108 so this module has an internal pull-up resistor connected to nRST. that's why I didn't add it (pull-up resistor).
    Also, when I've got a look in this forum I found that you gave a file that unlock the internal memory of an STM32F it was a .exe file. So, is there an other file that unlock the STM32W108 internal memory?
    I asked this question because I've got the same error message as the same problem with protected readout memory of the STM32F.
    Best Regards,
  • Hi,

Also, when I've got a look in this forum I found that you gave a file that unlock the internal
    memory of an STM32F it was a .exe file. So, is there an other file that unlock the STM32W108 internal memory?

This is why I wrote in my previous post: We will check what can be done to extend the STM32Unlock tool to also support STM32W devices.

Currently there is no unlock available for them.

Best regards
    Alex