[ABANDONED] J-Link Base with Mac OS 14.1.1

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] J-Link Base with Mac OS 14.1.1

Hey,

I have been happily debugging some TI CC2642 targets with one of our J-Link base debuggers for a while. I'm running an Apple Silicon Mac and I have been using the debugger in both MacOS and a W11 Parallels VM without major issues (not stable but working).

Yesterday I updated my machine to the latest Mac OS 14.1.1 and since then I simply can't get any connection to the target. JFlash throws a bunch of init errors (failing on the "read device ID" attempts). I've been up and downgrading my versions of the JLink package without luck.

The problem persists in both the VM and MacOS native so it seems something is off with the USB connection. I can move the setup to a PC and it works fine so all good in terms of the HW itself.

Any suggestions?
  • Using the same macOS and apple silicon as you are.

Make sure to download the latest working version (7.92o - as 7.92p is broken) in universal JLink_MacOSX_V792o_universal.pkg

Then launch JLinkConfig and make sure your J-Link has up-to-date firmware and try again.
  • You can ignore the advice of using V7.92p.
    When this advice was given, there was already a fixed V7.92q released.

Apart from that, the advice was quite misleading.
    As you wrote, you updated your macOS version and not your J-Link SW, when problems started to show up.
    We will give macOS 14.1.1 a quick try and check if we can reproduce anything.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,
    we just gave it a try on the latest MacOS version.
    Everything worked as expected.

Could you please send us a J-Link log file of the failing scenario?
    How to enable: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File

BR
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.